The Student Room Group

King's College London GEM (A102) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marmaladeskies69
Procrastinating loads by logging onto myapplication for Kings and clicked on "more about the application process". in that section there is a sentence which says: "Please note that assessment can only begin when we have received a complete application including both references. "

?????????????????? I thought it was just one reference on UCAS?????????? Did everyone else get a memo where they had to submit 2 references??? :frown:

I definitely don't have that anywhere in my portal and I haven't heard of kings requiring 2 references anywhere!!! I would suggest calling them up- it's probably a mistake but worth checking?
Original post by JenniB22
I definitely don't have that anywhere in my portal and I haven't heard of kings requiring 2 references anywhere!!! I would suggest calling them up- it's probably a mistake but worth checking?

OK thank god, nearly had a heart attack that I'd wasted one of my choices.

On the grad med application page, there's a big box about "Application Status", then at the bottom right of that box is a button: "More information on the admissions process". It's on that page. I now see it might be a more general page about graduate courses and not grad med. Phew.
Reply 62
So last year invites were sent on on the 4th Decemeber - can we hope and pray to hear something tomorrow??
Reply 63
Original post by nug
So last year invites were sent on on the 4th Decemeber - can we hope and pray to hear something tomorrow??

Would be nice last year some people found out through the my application I think.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I got the following response from Kings when emailing about interview dates etc. They responded very quickly!

Dear xx,

Thank you for your message.

GPEP interviews will be held on the 9th and 13th of January. Shortlisted applicants will be made aware before Xmas.

I hope this is helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine
Original post by nug
I got the following response from Kings when emailing about interview dates etc. They responded very quickly!

Dear xx,

Thank you for your message.

GPEP interviews will be held on the 9th and 13th of January. Shortlisted applicants will be made aware before Xmas.

I hope this is helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

But but but but the portal thingy says 6th and 7th of Jan for GPEP interviews!! Why bother if you're not gonna stick to it?!
But but but but the portal thingy says 6th and 7th of Jan for GPEP interviews!! Why bother if you're not gonna stick to it?!

I know!!! also "before xmas" is soooooo vague
I know!!! also "before xmas" is soooooo vague

I bet it's the 23rd of December....
Reply 68
I bet it's the 23rd of December....

yes unfortunately 'before Christmas’ doesn’t sound like they are going to be sent out any time soon :frown:
Reply 69
Original post by nug
yes unfortunately 'before Christmas’ doesn’t sound like they are going to be sent out any time soon :frown:

When did they send you that email? Was it this week? Thanks
Reply 70
Original post by JNHE
When did they send you that email? Was it this week? Thanks

I emailed them today via myApplication and they responded within the hour
Reply 71
Original post by nug
I emailed them today via myApplication and they responded within the hour

Oh right, so sounds like they really are some way off still. Thanks.
Come on KCL - you're my last to come back to me. Just let me know now!
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Come on KCL - you're my last to come back to me. Just let me know now!

Same! What are your other options and how have they gone?
This wait is driving me bloody mental.
Same! What are your other options and how have they gone?

SGUL - Jan 8th Interview
Exeter - Monday 15th December interview
Notts - Fill out the Work Experience form (and get an interview, most likely for March)
KCL - GOD DAMNIT
Reply 76
It seems King's are reviewing applications for grad entry. I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday and she told me she was unsuccessful. I guess they do look at your personal statement as she got a UKCAT of 780...
So perhaps we can expect to hear any day now
Original post by santi_92
It seems King's are reviewing applications for grad entry. I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday and she told me she was unsuccessful. I guess they do look at your personal statement as she got a UKCAT of 780...
So perhaps we can expect to hear any day now

That's so promising - when did she hear this?
Reply 78
That's so promising - when did she hear this?

I can't say exactly but the last time I spoke to her re: med school was last week
Rejected with 780!? Feck that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending