The Student Room Group

King's College London GEM (A102) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by minordetour
Rejected with 780!? Feck that!

UKCAT only gets your foot through the door in the sense that your wider application is only considered if you meet the cutoff, getting an interview also hinges on having a suitable PS and probably reference/academic record too.

King's are really taking their sweet time this year.
Original post by santi_92
It seems King's are reviewing applications for grad entry. I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday and she told me she was unsuccessful. I guess they do look at your personal statement as she got a UKCAT of 780...
So perhaps we can expect to hear any day now

Would you mind sharing her stats or other factors that may have influenced it - eg not so high grades or little work exp ...? If you know them.
Yeah, sounds defo scary.
Reply 82
Original post by yurilein93
Would you mind sharing her stats or other factors that may have influenced it - eg not so high grades or little work exp ...? If you know them.
Yeah, sounds defo scary.

In general she seems like a solid applicant. She has the required alevels, 2:1 or 1st (I can't remember) in undergraduate degree (biomedical science) and currently doing an MSc. Has a wealth of experience; shadowing and HCA work.
I don't know what went wrong to be honest, I'm honestly baffled.
Reply 83
Original post by santi_92
In general she seems like a solid applicant. She has the required alevels, 2:1 or 1st (I can't remember) in undergraduate degree (biomedical science) and currently doing an MSc. Has a wealth of experience; shadowing and HCA work.
I don't know what went wrong to be honest, I'm honestly baffled.

Sounds suspicious to me.
You never know though. It can be things like, she's not written anything in her application that shows reflection of why she wants to be a doctor, etc. They pick out strange things.
Reply 85
admissions asked for a copy of my undergrad transcript. is this a good sign...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Dmshan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds pretty promising to me! What's your ukcat score?
Reply 87
Original post by JNHE
Sounds pretty promising to me! What's your ukcat score?

730! or a total of 2920. I was afraid it'd be too low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by Dmshan
730! or a total of 2920. I was afraid it'd be too low

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going by other unis' cut-offs, I reckon that'll be more than enough.
Reply 89
So invites for the undergrads seem to have started to be handed out. Fingers crossed that we will hear soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
So invites for the undergrads seem to have started to be handed out. Fingers crossed that we will hear soon

yeah indeed! they asked for my UG transcripts yesterday, fingers crossed:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dmshan

Posted from TSR Mobile

[QUOTE="Dmshan;52182617"]
Original post by nug

yeah indeed! they asked for my UG transcripts yesterday, fingers crossed:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I ask what degrees at what unis you are doing? :smile:
Reply 92
[QUOTE="yurilein93;52184011"]
Original post by Dmshan

May I ask what degrees at what unis you are doing? :smile:

Sure. I did my undergrad in the US, majoring in chemistry and minoring in biology & political science. Graduated in 2012. Hbu?
Reply 93
I should be doing my work in the cubicle, but instead I find myself checking the KCL portal page 5123 times a minute... send me an interview invitation already
Reply 94
c'mom Kings, the wait is driving me insane! What is taking so long?! :angry:
Reply 95
did anybody else get an email from king's saying there was a new message/decision regarding their application, only to log on to the portal and find nothing new?? :confused:
Reply 96
Original post by cenna
did anybody else get an email from king's saying there was a new message/decision regarding their application, only to log on to the portal and find nothing new?? :confused:

Me too! So much for almost having a heart attack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Still nothing here.
Original post by cenna

Nothing for me! What was your UKCAT if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by cenna

Same here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending