The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Thoughts on the new Lancaster University logo

Poll

Which logo do you prefer?

Lancaster recently updated their logo from swooshes that were meant to represent the chaplaincy centre to a heraldic shield that represents all the elements of Lancaster uni in the university colours of grey, white and red.

Old

New

The aim was to make the university look dynamic as well demonstrate its heritage and make it look more like a top 10 university. Has it worked? Which logo do you prefer?
(edited 9 years ago)
The new one ain't my logo.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
New one looks generic and boring, something you'd find as a logo for some shoddy private school trying overtly to seem prestigious. Old one was minimalist and stood out.

Have no idea what they were thinking when they changed it or why they even released an official poll when they set out to change it anyway.

But, a logos a logo, doesn't really affect me to be honest.
Reply 3
Original post by Tinglay
New one looks generic and boring, something you'd find as a logo for some shoddy private school trying overtly to seem prestigious. Old one was minimalist and stood out.

Have no idea what they were thinking when they changed it or why they even released an official poll when they set out to change it anyway.

But, a logos a logo, doesn't really affect me to be honest.

I'd agree with that. The people making a massive fuss about it I can't feel much sympathy for. It's the design of a logo and it's the thing itself and not it's packaging that is important. I like the full coat of arms, which this shield is partly based upon but I don't think it's anywhere near as recognisable as the old one and just looks a bit generic.
Reply 4
the new looks quite classy actually. the old one looked tacky and a bit like a metropolitan uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I feel the new one was too simple, it didn't make it seem like anything special. The new one makes it look more prestige however at the same time generic and boring.
Reply 6
The new one is ugly, it has got too much in it, and I don't think it all goes together (what is with the bendy lines?)
The old one was nice and simplistic (and modern, just like Lancaster Uni.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I think the new one will do well, the old one wasn't that great. That's not what I thought at first, but as soon as I sent a link to some of my friends from different universities I had to think of it from a new perspective.
Reply 8
Really, really, really, really, really, really not bothered. Will not have any effect of me in any way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending