The Student Room Group

ELAT

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ulysses98
Artyquell
St Edmund Hall English too over here... Still nothing...

Oh I have found a fellow Teddy - and an English Teddy!! Still nothing here as well... This wait is excruciating! Have we missed a memo do you reckon? :P
Original post by ArtyQuell
Oh I have found a fellow Teddy - and an English Teddy!! Still nothing here as well... This wait is excruciating! Have we missed a memo do you reckon? :P

It's awful!!! I don't know either... They aren't very communicative :frown: wondering whether to email them- but it's not 8 yet, might look like jumping the gun!!!!
Refreshing my email has been my full-time occupation for the past 7 days :frown:
Reply 583
Do they only give interview offers before 8?
Original post by maella
Do they only give interview offers before 8?

I have no idea- but the latest I've seen on the forum seems to be 7.20! What and where are you applying?
Reply 585
I have no idea- but the latest I've seen on the forum seems to be 7.20! What and where are you applying?

Oh, well no news as of yet :frown: I've applied to study English at Wadham. English isn't listed on their website as one of the subjects they have sent decision emails out to, even though English interviews are the first batch! Arghhhh
Original post by maella
Oh, well no news as of yet :frown: I've applied to study English at Wadham. English isn't listed on their website as one of the subjects they have sent decision emails out to, even though English interviews are the first batch! Arghhhh

Do you think we should email them? They said :
If you are required to come to Oxford in December we will send you a formal invitation, which will be despatched via e-mail at least seven days before the scheduled date of interviews for the subject for which you are applying. Please check your inbox and junk inbox for emails. If you have not heard from the College by a week before the scheduled interview date, please contact the Admissions Office.
Reply 587
I'm tempted to email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Do you think we should email them? They said :
If you are required to come to Oxford in December we will send you a formal invitation, which will be despatched via e-mail at least seven days before the scheduled date of interviews for the subject for which you are applying. Please check your inbox and junk inbox for emails. If you have not heard from the College by a week before the scheduled interview date, please contact the Admissions Office.

Yeah someone should email (not me lol). I hope that it's not because we've all been unsuccessful :frown: I have actually applied to Oxford for English before and got an interview. I fluffed it last time and ended up at Edinburgh which I hated. About last time though- I didn't receive my interview offer until very close to the date, so not to worry too much.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AMS123
I'm tempted to email

Me too... Sorely tempted!!!
Original post by AMS123
I'm tempted to email

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too... Sorely tempted!!!
Reply 591
The deadline was definitely today though, right? Is it rude to email? I have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maella
Yeah someone should email (not me lol). I hope that it's not because we've all been unsuccessful :frown: I have actually applied to Oxford for English before and got an interview. I fluffed it last time and ended up at Edinburgh which I hated. About last time though- I didn't receive my interview offer until very close to the date, so not to worry too much.

Oh no- what happened?
Original post by AMS123
The deadline was definitely today though, right? Is it rude to email? I have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the interview timetable for English says they could call you on Monday or Tuesday, so they could technically tell you on Monday or Tuesday and call you for those days :smile:
Oriel called me for Monday so could've told me next week
Reply 594
Oh no- what happened?

Are you asking about Edinburgh or the interview? Haha
Do Oxford give feedback forms or feedback for rejections?
Yes, both!
Original post by maella
Are you asking about Edinburgh or the interview? Haha
Original post by jonwithnoname
Just got rejected from Brasenose

Best of luck to everyone whose application is going forward x

aww no so sorry to hear that! at least you can say you did all you could- and at the end of the day it all comes down to luck. I'm sure you'll be really happy wherever you end up! and thank you for all your reassurring and supportive messages over the past few days/weeks
Reply 598
Yes, both!

OH! Ha :smile: My health was pretty bad at Edinburgh and it put a downer on the uni and place. If you've applied there don't be put off, it wasn't much about the place. Then the interview... I could speak confidently about the texts i'd mentioned in my PS, then they asked about my experience of Shakespeare. Apart from a few sonnets, I hadn't read any Shakespeare outside of school and told them so. Needless to say that didn't go down very well, so this time round i've been doing my reading!
Anyone applying to Hugh's here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending