The Student Room Group

UCAS application help

I seem to have quite a few doubts regarding my application to Oxford University. The web site says to apply through UCAS but,
1. I believe an open application can be made to Oxford, but the application has the field "Campus Code" marked as one of the essential fields
2. I'm planning to apply for a scholarship. Will the Fees criteria be "Other" or "Unknown"?
Original post by Ashtwe
I seem to have quite a few doubts regarding my application to Oxford University. The web site says to apply through UCAS but,
1. I believe an open application can be made to Oxford, but the application has the field "Campus Code" marked as one of the essential fields
2. I'm planning to apply for a scholarship. Will the Fees criteria be "Other" or "Unknown"?

1. O33 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UCAS_institutions
2. Are you not considering a tuition loan at all?
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
1. O33 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UCAS_institutions
2. Are you not considering a tuition loan at all?

Yes, that's the code I entered. But Campus Code determines which college I pick and I don't want to choose a college in Oxford.
No, I'm not considering a tuition loan. I'm applying for the Reach Oxford Scholarship- that is, if I'm offered a place at all
Original post by Ashtwe
Yes, that's the code I entered. But Campus Code determines which college I pick and I don't want to choose a college in Oxford.
No, I'm not considering a tuition loan. I'm applying for the Reach Oxford Scholarship- that is, if I'm offered a place at all

but, presumably, you will be getting a tuition loan if you go elsewhere or do not get the scholarship
Original post by Ashtwe

Campus code 9

http://d3upfpng8piaqj.cloudfront.net/OU_2014_Colleges.pdf

Google is your friend
Reply 5
but, presumably, you will be getting a tuition loan if you go elsewhere or do not get the scholarship

That's the crux of the matter- it's either all or none. Oxford or nothing. I know it may sound presumptuous to say this, but that's how things are. I'm from India, and the syllabus for English here is pretty similar, only not in so much detail. So if I'm not accepted by Oxford, I can pursue my undergraduate degree in India.
So no, no tuition loan elsewhere:smile:
Original post by Ashtwe
That's the crux of the matter- it's either all or none. Oxford or nothing. I know it may sound presumptuous to say this, but that's how things are. I'm from India, and the syllabus for English here is pretty similar, only not in so much detail. So if I'm not accepted by Oxford, I can pursue my undergraduate degree in India.
So no, no tuition loan elsewhere:smile:

ok

If you click "other" does that give you a new selection to consider that includes "scholarship"?
Reply 7
ok

If you click "other" does that give you a new selection to consider that includes "scholarship"?

To be honest, I don't believe I can figure that out today. There seems to be a problem with the login, it absolutely refuses to accept my password. I've been locked out. I'll try once more tomorrow. I wanted to clear these doubts today. Talk about bad luck!
Original post by Ashtwe

Is there a fees option for "International"? If so, that's what you need to select, even if you would fund those fees through a scholarship.
You're applying for the reach scholarship which is a college scholarship, so your fee status is overseas and you're paying via private finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending