The Student Room Group

Durham SCITT/Northumbia flexi-PGCE

Hi,

I am hoping to apply for the Durham SCITT later this year (Northumbria is my 2nd choice). Has anyone got any experience of either of these courses (both primary)?
Ideally, I would go for the Northumbria flexi route as I am a mum to a 10 year old and a 6 year old. But, I am worried that I will be isolated as it is a distance learning course (apart from the school placements). Durham SCITT is very local to me (both the training centre and all placement schools are ten minutes drive away). I feel I will get more support from the Durham SCITT.
I am a career changer...18 years experience in a professional NHS role.

I have set up another 2 weeks in local schools for experience (already have a few weeks in another school). I am also preparing myself for the skills tests!

Oh, and any interview tips for either courses would be great.
Original post by Jo2103
Hi,

I am hoping to apply for the Durham SCITT later this year (Northumbria is my 2nd choice). Has anyone got any experience of either of these courses (both primary)?
Ideally, I would go for the Northumbria flexi route as I am a mum to a 10 year old and a 6 year old. But, I am worried that I will be isolated as it is a distance learning course (apart from the school placements). Durham SCITT is very local to me (both the training centre and all placement schools are ten minutes drive away). I feel I will get more support from the Durham SCITT.
I am a career changer...18 years experience in a professional NHS role.

I have set up another 2 weeks in local schools for experience (already have a few weeks in another school). I am also preparing myself for the skills tests!

Oh, and any interview tips for either courses would be great.

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:

Hi, just came across your post. Did you get a place in Durham SCITT last year? I just applied there today. Scared that things will speed up now. I am going for my math skills test on Saturday.

How was your interview there? How quick did you get invited for the interview? I am a career changer too, so a bit scared as wanted to do Maths but it is ages since I qualified.
Original post by tuncsi
Hi, just came across your post. Did you get a place in Durham SCITT last year? I just applied there today. Scared that things will speed up now. I am going for my math skills test on Saturday.

How was your interview there? How quick did you get invited for the interview? I am a career changer too, so a bit scared as wanted to do Maths but it is ages since I qualified.

Heya,

I didn't apply last year - I'll just quote in the original poster so hopefully they will see this :smile: @Jo2103

Are you a mature student? We've got a really nice mature students community on this forum here, so might be worth having a look there :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya,

I didn't apply last year - I'll just quote in the original poster so hopefully they will see this :smile: @Jo2103

Are you a mature student? We've got a really nice mature students community on this forum here, so might be worth having a look there :h:

oh, did you not? Why? Are you going to apply this year than? I will have a look at that tread you are referring too, just really need to study now for this skills test :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending