The Student Room Group

Applying for a vacation scheme

Hi!

I'm a soon-to-be second year student who is looking to apply for a summer vacation scheme (to commence in summer 2015).

I was therefore wondering, whilst I appreciate there isn't really a definite guideline, how many applications students are encouraged to make.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by CalebFudgeBrownie
Hi!

I'm a soon-to-be second year student who is looking to apply for a summer vacation scheme (to commence in summer 2015).

I was therefore wondering, whilst I appreciate there isn't really a definite guideline, how many applications students are encouraged to make.

Thank you :smile:

As many as one can make that (notwithstanding) has impeccable grammar, punctuation and spelling, tailored solely to the firm in question and answers the questions in their entirety (i.e. is wholly relevant).

It is widely accepted that fewer, excellent applications are better than more, average ones. Of course, if someone is able to combine volume and quality, they have the best chance of reaching the next stage.

My principal advice is to be completely honest with yourself; how much time do you have to spare and how much effort are you willing to put in? Many people have unrealistic targets they're looking to meet (40+ applications etc.), when in actuality they would be better served by targeting a smaller subset of firms that really do interest them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending