The Student Room Group

Part time job 16 years old

So I go to college now and im only in on 3 days of the week so I have tuesday and wednesday plus the week end free. I'm thinking of getting a job.I have very little work experience ( only 2 weeks at an office this summer) and no retail experience. Is there any real chance that i will be able to find one. I dont mind working week ends as far as i still have 2 days off. And what should my strategy be, just handing out CVs or looking online... I would much appreciate some feedback. Has anyone got a job in a similar position btw?
Reply 1
Original post by TheOnlyVlad
So I go to college now and im only in on 3 days of the week so I have tuesday and wednesday plus the week end free. I'm thinking of getting a job.I have very little work experience ( only 2 weeks at an office this summer) and no retail experience. Is there any real chance that i will be able to find one. I dont mind working week ends as far as i still have 2 days off. And what should my strategy be, just handing out CVs or looking online... I would much appreciate some feedback. Has anyone got a job in a similar position btw?
Handing out your CV is a good idea, works as well :smile: I`d also suggest looking online regularly so you know when new jobs arrive, because believe me a LOT of people will apply, I found that out the hard way lol!
One thing I`d say about retail jobs is most of the time they might prefer experience, so try to volunteer in a retail shop, the website do-it.org is great for volunteering opportunities :smile:
I use the sites when looking for a job, hopefully they can help you out:
Indeed
Reed
Totaljobs
E4S Employment 4 Students
CV-Library

Hope that helps, good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending