The Student Room Group
4 years jesus, i think ull be fine. Nottingham and York isnt that far away anyway so at least you can see each other on some weekends.
Big Stevie E
Right I'm 18, been with the gf for 4 years 3 months. Now we're off to different unis, I'm at the mighty Nottingham, she's at York. We're staying together, and I genuinely think we can stick together despite the distance... but I'd like to hear other people's views and stories, as I've heard a few already and they're usually either interesting or hilarious

Elle's view's a fab one:
ellewoods
My boyfriend and I survived me being away at uni while he worked back at home, and he still works away a lot now.
We had our problems sometimes making it work, but only practically ie train times, fitting in visits around both of us working as well as my lectures, financial issues. It wasn't a particularly easy thing to do, but we love each other, and everything in life worth having is hard work sometimes. All this stuff about true love being easy and if you have difficulties then its not true love is rubbish. Sometimes you have to work at your relationship, but this can also be a good thing - it focuses your attention on it, rather than neglecting it because you assume everything is going swimmingly.

It sounds a bit cheesy, but if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.
If it isn't going to work, it won't work whether you live 100 miles or 100 metres apart.
Reply 4
i would say the distance is a trial for your feelings.. Keep up with your relationship and see how it goes!In the end you might find out that distance would make your feelings even stronger and each time you see each other would be like the day you met for the first time :smile:
Reply 5
Good luck. I'm planning to stay with my boyfriend when he stays in london working and I go upto Bradford for uni. I think we will cope but it will be a test. If it's ment to be it will. And if you can survive distance while still young and at uni then I think your in a relationship for life :smile:
Reply 6
aww, good luck from me too!! i think you'll both manage to stay together, as long as ur prepared to work at it. you're goin to experience a lot of new things at uni, n that mite involve feelings for the new ppl u meet cos obv ur gna bond with ppl relatively quickly and they'll b strong bonds too but as long as ur prepared for this and really love ur partner you both should be able to avoid temptation. i'm goin to uni in sheffield n my boyfriend is stayin back in bham to work. we discussed it, n both realise it will be a strain on our rship n hav both agreed to be honest with each other regarding our feelings towards one another and any changes that might occur. i kno that i want to stay with him, and i guess part of it is to do with your attitude... ie if i were thinkin 'ye its nice to be with him but i'll keep a look out for sum1 else too' then its nt gna work. Anyways, enuf ramblings from me, i wish u loadsa luck and i hope u guys stay happy together!! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending