The Student Room Group

Can you help me with my chances of gettint into university?

Im from Spain and applying to the University of the West of Scotland, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
My grades are between B- and A. Do i have chances of getting into any university? Because I dont want to get disappointed so I prefer to know what to expect. :s-smilie:
Original post by Andrea Rodriguez
Im from Spain and applying to the University of the West of Scotland, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
My grades are between B- and A. Do i have chances of getting into any university? Because I dont want to get disappointed so I prefer to know what to expect. :s-smilie:

Hey :smile: What are you applying for and what are your specific grades? Do you meet the entry requirements of your course?
Hi :smile: im applying for chemical engineering and i meet the entry requirement but sometimes that isnt enough..
Reply 3
Original post by Andrea Rodriguez
Hi :smile: im applying for chemical engineering and i meet the entry requirement but sometimes that isnt enough..

nope as long as you meet the entry requirements thats all you need.
Thank you. I feel more calm now
Hi, could you get a lower offer than your predicted grades are? For example you are predicted A*AA, therefore could universities offer you AAA?
Original post by iura_tarlev
Hi, could you get a lower offer than your predicted grades are? For example you are predicted A*AA, therefore could universities offer you AAA?

Yeah of course they could! If, per say, you are predicted A*AA at A Level and the course you apply for generally asks for lower than that such as BBB, they will give a conditional offer based on you getting the grades BBB, so as long as you get the grades that are stated on the course entry requirements you should be fine. However, if you're applying this year you should note that the general advice for students is to apply to:

1 or 2 unis higher than your predicted grades (maybe not in your case as your predicted grades are so high.

1 or 2 at your predicted grades

and

1 or 2 below your predicted grades.

A Levels are tough and at the end of the two years not everyone gets the grades that they want or are predicted and therefore you should choose wisely when applying. You've got 5 choices and yes, be ambitious, especially, if you have high predictions but also be realistic and cautious!

Quick Reply

Latest