The Student Room Group

Why does ISIS even exist?

I have been watching the news and I was thinking, what do they want? Is there any reasons for this? I just want to know why this is happening, how they get their supplies? What is your opinions about this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What do they want? everyone to follow islam and sharia

why is this happening? its because of radical islam

how they get their supplies? initially they were funded by wealthy muslims from the gulf but since then they have raided banks and have taken a lot of the iraqi armies weapons

my opinion? they all need to die
Original post by sdotd
What do they want? everyone to follow islam and sharia

why is this happening? its because of radical islam

how they get their supplies? initially they were funded by wealthy muslims from the gulf but since then they have raided banks and have taken a lot of the iraqi armies weapons

my opinion? they all need to die

👍 I wholeheartedly agree with you!
Reply 3
Why do they want? To establish a world wide muslim state

Why is this happening? It is beceause the Quran, Hadits and Islam generally teachs that they must do it and fight the infidels if they want to go heaven

How do they get supplies? They are getting it from the Muslim diaspora living in the West and from some theocratic Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia or even Qatar

My opinion? Nuke them as they are all gathered in a single area before they spread.
Reply 4
What needs to happen now is for the uk and usa to work with assad to beat isis but they wont because they wont swallow their pride admit they got assad wrong
Because Islam is a cancer. Not much else to be said
They're just bringing a bad name to the Middle East,arabs and Muslims in general
From my extremely limited knowledge: Why? Just like any other organisation after power presumably... but with the wish to create an independent Islamic state. Allowed 'ISIS' to grow due to a lack the ability to uphold the law in Iraq, and purported discrimination against Sunni Muslims in the region.
Original post by queen-bee
They're just bringing a bad name to the Middle East,arabs and Muslims in general

Not a homogeneous group, only idiots generalise. There are around one and a half billion Muslims in the world.

It's like saying Anders Breivik gives Christians a bad name.
Original post by hellodave5
Not a homogeneous group, only idiots generalise. There are around one and a half billion Muslims in the world.

It's like saying Anders Breivik gives Christians a bad name.

But most people these days don't seem to care,as soon as they hear the word Muslim or Arab or Middle East all that comes to mind is whatever's happening in that region
Reply 10
Original post by AviationIsMyLife
I have been watching the news and I was thinking, what do they want? Is there any reasons for this? I just want to know why this is happening, how they get their supplies? What is your opinions about this?

What do they want? To terrorise - especially the west - I don't really think there's much else more to that.

Some of their supplies actually come from us (the west) - when western governments were arming the 'free Syria' army I doubt they realised that most of the free Syria army would become radicalised and join ISIS. Also, I read something the other day that said that ISIS were generating $8 million a day from the oil fields they've now taken over. They then sell it onto countries like Jordan.
Original post by queen-bee
But most people these days don't seem to care,as soon as they hear the word Muslim or Arab or Middle East all that comes to mind is whatever's happening in that region

Yeah, I know :frown:, most people don't use their brains it seems... Growing to rather dislike the human species....
Reply 12
Because US illegally armed and trained Syrian rebels, just as they did with Al Qaeda. When they continue to drone innocent civilians its easy to for extremism in the middle east to be perpetuated.
Original post by hellodave5
Yeah, I know :frown:, most people don't use their brains it seems... Growing to rather dislike the human species....

You're not the only one haha
Because the West involved themselves in two wars that resulted in instability in the area, on the second invasion remained in the region long enough for the entire area to become reliant on them, then left creating more instability, which then subsequently lead to a massive power vacuum being filled by extremist organisations (a socio-political phenomena we have seen before, I might add). Islam is just an emotional vehicle that these organisation use to manipulate young impressionable Muslims who don't know enough about their religion to join their cause. Once you scratch the surface it has very little to do with religion and far, far more to do with foreign policy and geopolitics.
Reply 15
lol at all the ignorant people on this thread.

its all politics nothing else

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2889779
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Because the West involved themselves in two wars that resulted in instability in the area, on the second invasion remained in the region long enough for the entire area to become reliant on them, then left creating more instability, which then subsequently lead to a massive power vacuum being filled by extremist organisations (a socio-political phenomena we have seen before, I might add). Islam is just an emotional vehicle that these organisation use to manipulate young impressionable Muslims who don't know enough about their religion to join their cause. Once you scratch the surface it has very little to do with religion and far, far more to do with foreign policy and geopolitics.

Dead on!
Original post by AviationIsMyLife
I have been watching the news and I was thinking, what do they want? (...)

What they want? a country which is governed by Islam. That is why the organisation is called islamic state.

Just hypothetically this organisation is marching through Africa and Ebola extended in Africa. That will be fine, as the organisation will be killed by a disease called Ebola. Problem solved, everyone in afraid first world is happy. In this sense: go, ISIS, go!
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol. ISIS is now IS. It's a new type of terrorism. They want the whole world to become United States of Islam. Lol.

They think western civilization is a big threat to Islam. So they need to destroy it completely.

Who created terrorism? You should go ask someone in Pentagon. It's created during the Cold War to fight against USSR.

How they get their supplies and money? Lol. Why don't you ask CIA? But those gnomes also know about it. They helped those terrorists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sdotd
What needs to happen now is for the uk and usa to work with assad to beat isis but they wont because they wont swallow their pride admit they got assad wrong

This.

I think they still want to take out Assad though, they'll never leave it at that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending