The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

St Hugh's College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reverie.
That looks lots better, good job. :smile: The sentence "[82WR] is also home to a couple of pianos which can mean things get fairly noisy upstairs, but people tend to be thoughtful about this," should possibly have the additional clause, "excepting a) the mornings and b) occasions when Jack has consumed numerous drinks of the alcoholic variety."

I love the way its becoming increasingly more and more specific to a year group!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reverie.
That looks lots better, good job. :smile: The sentence "[82WR] is also home to a couple of pianos which can mean things get fairly noisy upstairs, but people tend to be thoughtful about this," should possibly have the additional clause, "excepting a) the mornings and b) occasions when Jack has consumed numerous drinks of the alcoholic variety."

I'm very tempted to put that. And a part c) When Rosie tells him to shut up and stop playing (something I became very good at during the interview period).

I never thought I'd say this, but I really really miss being there. Can't wait to get back and see you lot again and get back to work.

...That's really sad, isn't it?

Also, Martin, would be nice to meet you one day. Are you JCR or MCR?
Nice job:smile: Y'know you're having a good vacation when you're updating a wiki on TSR...:biggrin:
Haha, hello Conor.
And evidently...
Dionysia
Haha, hello Conor.
And evidently...

Silence! Do not use my real name...we don't know who could be watching...

I mean...Conor? Who's that?
Dionysia
I'm very tempted to put that. And a part c) When Rosie tells him to shut up and stop playing (something I became very good at during the interview period).

I never thought I'd say this, but I really really miss being there. Can't wait to get back and see you lot again and get back to work.

Also, Martin, would be nice to meet you one day. Are you JCR or MCR?

Chances are you have already met me - I'm a 3rd year medic + rower, come to most bops and hang out in the JCR from time to time, so I can pretty much guarantee you've seen me (even if you don't realise it!) - Even our lawyer friend here knows who I am!
Ohhh this is annoying. I had a strange thought you might be Pip but he's a 4th year...and...y'know...not called Martin. I will have to hunt you down =).
Dionysia

I miss everyone and everything too, not at all sad (much...). I keep having to stop myself referring to college as 'home' in front of my mother.

Also, how can your detective work be so bad that you don't know who Martin is?! He has very recently made a FB comment approximately five above one of yours on Jack's screenshot picture. :p:

(And happy Christmas! :hugs:)
I've been told to stop talking about college. And I'm not allowed to call it 0th week. Because it's 'ridiculous and nobody understands what [I'm] talking about'. Grr. Detective work is bad but I think I found him on facebook the other day, by stalking Jack's friends - he's the only Martin J knows. *Checks facebook* Yep, that was the one I found. Still, haven't officially met.

ANYWAY. Yes. Happy Christmas! See you v. soon =).
geeks
Yes, Yes, we are. ...And?
martin101
Chances are you have already met me - I'm a 3rd year medic + rower, come to most bops and hang out in the JCR from time to time, so I can pretty much guarantee you've seen me (even if you don't realise it!) - Even our lawyer friend here knows who I am!

:O I never related you to the 3rd year medic called Martin I know... thanks for helping with my personal statement :biggrin:
Ooh...look who it is...hullo, Calum. This is bizarre...
Dionysia
Ooh...look who it is...hullo, Calum. This is bizarre...

Yeah I always kinda forget TSR exists. I only really use it for Theology debates and most of the Theology forum is full of crap nowadays so meh. Wassup?!
Calumcalum
Yeah I always kinda forget TSR exists. I only really use it for Theology debates and most of the Theology forum is full of crap nowadays so meh. Wassup?!

I'm struggling through a mountain of vac work but can't wait to get back...you? When're you back in Ox?
Dionysia
I'm struggling through a mountain of vac work but can't wait to get back...you? When're you back in Ox?

Yeah I have loads, I really should have gone to lectures and finished essays or done anything productive at all while I was there... or gone to a school that made people work :biggrin: I don't know when collections or any exams or anything like that are and I don't know when we're allowed back or if we're supposed to get a letter about it or anything so.... probably thursday because it sounds nice.
How about you?
Calumcalum
Yeah I have loads, I really should have gone to lectures and finished essays or done anything productive at all while I was there... or gone to a school that made people work :biggrin: I don't know when collections or any exams or anything like that are and I don't know when we're allowed back or if we're supposed to get a letter about it or anything so.... probably thursday because it sounds nice.
How about you?

This Thurs? I'm heading back on Sunday...I think we can only go back for free from Sunday...I would double check if you're not sure. Luckily I don't have collections so am okay on that front but I am getting distracted by TSR, Facebook and Buffy so the work is going doubly slowly...
Dionysia
This Thurs? I'm heading back on Sunday...I think we can only go back for free from Sunday...I would double check if you're not sure. Luckily I don't have collections so am okay on that front but I am getting distracted by TSR, Facebook and Buffy so the work is going doubly slowly...

Noooo the thursday after! Allow going back that early flipppppppp!
collections are usually around the weekend of 0th/1st... or when Prof gets round to sending them to you!
Reply 199
Hello,
could someone please tell me how much you have to pay for accomodation at St Hugh's per year?
Thanks (=

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending