The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

St Hugh's College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nbojinov
Wow!!! How did you find out? :eek: I haven't told anyone... Well the only thing I can do now is either kill you or make you an accomplice :biggrin: Choose wisely...

Hmm...PPE is also quite oversubscribed..could bump off a few people :holmes:...well, St Hugh's are definitely getting more than they bargained for when they invited us for interview :colone:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 381
Original post by President M.E.
Hmm...PPE is also quite oversubscribed..could bump off a few people :holmes:...well, St Hugh's are definitely getting more than they bargained for when they invited us for interview :colone:

Couldn't have said it better :biggrin:.
Reply 382
Anyone at St. Hugh's from Sunday(15th) till Wednesday(18th)? :biggrin:
Hi, thought I'd rekindle this thread. Has anyone got an offer from St Hugh's for Maths? :smile:
Reply 384
I got an offer for Mathematics!
Reply 385
Got an offer for law!
Reply 386
Anyone know how to apply for accomodation and how much it costs?
Not sure but I suspect you don't apply until after results day? I think there might be a list of sample barrels on the website...
Which subject do you have an offer for btw? Mine's for Maths :biggrin:
Reply 388
OK thanks. I'm doing Law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For undergrad, you just get allocated a room, you don't need to apply - it all costs the same (around £140 a week I think). Well done on your offers :smile:
Original post by SuperPatchKid
For undergrad, you just get allocated a room, you don't need to apply - it all costs the same (around £140 a week I think). Well done on your offers :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 391
Reply 392
Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to an open afternoon if St Hugh's wasn't the college you applied to initially?
Original post by shamz
Did anyone else receive an email inviting you to an open afternoon if St Hugh's wasn't the college you applied to initially?

Yes I did, but I can't make it as it's during half term and I'm on holiday. I've asked if I can visit another time instead :smile:
Reply 394
OK. I'm not sure I can make it either? Do you know how important it is because we saw the college at interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shamz
OK. I'm not sure I can make it either? Do you know how important it is because we saw the college at interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've emailed them and they say that it is definitely possible to visit on a different date :biggrin:
Reply 396
For those of us arriving in October, I just wanted to clarify something about the accommodation. Is there anything to do before we arrive, regarding rooms, or do we literally turn up and we are given a room? If the later is the case, how does it work on the first day itself?
Hi, I've applied to St. Hugh's (2015 entry) for History and as far as I know, submitted work needs to be sent in before November 10th. However, I haven't been contacted by St. Hugh's regarding this, nor have I been contacted by them in general (only by Oxford central admissions, actually) - so I was wondering whether I needed to contact anyone? Or should I wait until the end of October (the unofficial deadline for initial college contact)?
Original post by stagmarauder
Hi, I've applied to St. Hugh's (2015 entry) for History and as far as I know, submitted work needs to be sent in before November 10th. However, I haven't been contacted by St. Hugh's regarding this, nor have I been contacted by them in general (only by Oxford central admissions, actually) - so I was wondering whether I needed to contact anyone? Or should I wait until the end of October (the unofficial deadline for initial college contact)?

According to this page, "[usually before the end of October] the college considering your application will get in touch to tell you how you should submit your written work". So my advice would be wait until the end of October and if you've not heard anything, contact them then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending