The Student Room Group
Reply 1
stressed_out
just out of interest really, wondering how many people actually got accepted for notts to do law???

im going there for law this sept.. what are ur plans?
Reply 2
wow! well done you! im goin to manchester doin law, got rejected from 3 includin notts with no reason which was great! are you lookin forward to it?
Reply 3
I applied last year and got rejected. I know they get loads of top level applicants and everything, and didn't really think I'd get in but that didn't make me any happier to get the letter. Oh well I got straight A's and am loving it here in Cardiff, being a reject is not so bad!
Reply 4
yeah im on my gap year, so i cant wait till uni!
i think we will all have a great time where ever we go. its what you make of it, right? :biggrin:
i hope everything works out well for you!
Reply 5
Hi, I got an AAB offer to start law at Nottingham this autumn, but as I hold an AAA offer from Oxford, Nottingham is my Insurance choice.
Reply 6
I got an AAB offer for law at notts. really hoping i get the grades
Reply 7
got into notts for 04 but heard something about tests that have to be done before you are given a place? also has anyone got reading lists yet?
Reply 8
Yes, I have the reading list. They encourage you not to buy any books before the start of the course, but to read anything you can in the press about law that interests you, and to source some of the following from the library:-

Understanding Law, by John Adams and Roger Brownsword
The Law Machine, by Berlins & Dyer
The Discipline of Law by Denning
Learning Legal Skills, by Fox & Bell
Politics of the Judiciary by John Griffith
Just Law, by Helena Kennedy (this is really good)
Invitation to Law, by AWB Simpson
A Critical Introduction to Law by Mansell, Meteyard and Thomson
Learning the Law by Glanville Williams and ATH Smith

Hope it helps...

Rachel

PS. the tests are for new applicants, not those already offered conditional places.
Reply 9
ah, cheers for that list!

Latest

Trending

Trending