The Student Room Group

How to get the best teacher reference for uni application...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Nothing at all about extra curricular activities in 2/3/4 - those are the paragraphs you devote to each subject. They should contain an assessment of your aptitude and attainment in the subject.
Paragraph 2: e.g. maths
Paragraph 3: e.g. physics
Paragraph 4: e.g. chemistry
Paragraph 5: dropped subject.

Extracurricular activities go in the general bit of Paragraph 1, and possibly also in paragraph 6 at the end.

Which paragraph should include my predicted grades and what kind of subjects should it predict to? All of my subjects or just those in the reference, required by the university?
Original post by TheGrimCrim
Which paragraph should include my predicted grades and what kind of subjects should it predict to? All of my subjects or just those in the reference, required by the university?

Any exam you are taking needs to be mentioned in the reference in its own paragraph. Put the predicted grade in the subject paragraph.
Reply 42
Original post by SarcasticMel
Mine was written by someone who had never taught me nor did he teach the subject I was applying for.

I see you're applying as an individual. :smile: Well... To be honest, it is just my opinion. I just thought that requesting a reference this way would sound more convincing. It's up to you, really. The referee should know you well enough, academically speaking.
Original post by Nemix207
I see you're applying as an individual. :smile: Well... To be honest, it is just my opinion. I just thought that requesting a reference this way would sound more convincing. It's up to you, really. The referee should know you well enough, academically speaking.

No, I'm not, and I got into 4 of my 5 unis without having what you think is needed...
Reply 44
No, I'm not, and I got into 4 of my 5 unis without having what you think is needed...

Ok, I see. Everyone have their own ways of doing things. :smile:
Original post by Nemix207
Ok, I see. Everyone have their own ways of doing things. :smile:

Well but I just put mine out there because you seemed to say that if you don't, it's over. And that most certainly isn't true.
Reply 46
Well but I just put mine out there because you seemed to say that if you don't, it's over. And that most certainly isn't true.

Oh my, you're right, I did sound like that... Thanks for pointing out though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending