The Student Room Group

University help

I am currently studying at college where i am doing BTEC Level 3, I have achieved Double D* but i have not got english and maths GCSE. I am not that good at certain exams, What should i do? Should i go University or not?
Original post by Ibrahimj
I am currently studying at college where i am doing BTEC Level 3, I have achieved Double D* but i have not got english and maths GCSE. I am not that good at certain exams, What should i do? Should i go University or not?

Are you able to sit your english and maths GCSEs are your college?
Reply 2
Original post by rayquaza17
Are you able to sit your english and maths GCSEs are your college?

Yes I am doing it right now, but im not sure if I will get it
Reply 3
Yes I am doing it right now, but im not sure if I will get it

Honestly, revise - draw mindmaps to help you remember things. Take tests online or if you got a job or money spare, perhaps hire a private tutor? IF you don't achieve the grades, the university may make you a conditional offer (higher entry requirements) and you could take a foundation year then you can finally enroll onto the course.
Reply 4
Original post by annoy123
Honestly, revise - draw mindmaps to help you remember things. Take tests online or if you got a job or money spare, perhaps hire a private tutor? IF you don't achieve the grades, the university may make you a conditional offer (higher entry requirements) and you could take a foundation year then you can finally enroll onto the course.

I have phoned up the university where they have said they will give me conditional offer as you have said above. I will do mindmaps which could help me so I appreciate for the idea that you have gave me.
I have phoned up the university where they have said they will give me conditional offer as you have said above. I will do mindmaps which could help me so I appreciate for the idea that you have gave me.

If you don't get the C in Maths and/or English then you could consider doing a foundation year?

If you study hard and keep going at it then you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Binary Freak
If you don't get the C in Maths and/or English then you could consider doing a foundation year?

If you study hard and keep going at it then you'll be fine. :smile:

Thanks buddy for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending