The Student Room Group

Scottish Universities Medicine Offers/ Interviews 2015

Scroll to see replies

Have any EU students heard yet.
Also just got an interview for the 18th. Sent at 7:10pm. Was getting a bit worried about Glasgow but they are clearly still working through applications! :biggrin:
Reply 182
Original post by asahigallacher
Yeah I'm from Glasgow. Wbu?

Im an EU applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from St Andrew's yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184
Original post by AspiringMedic8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't apply there personally but I know one person who has an interview for later in the month. I'd say they still have offers to give out though, she's the only person I know who's heard.
Original post by AspiringMedic8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview there a week Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
What type of course is Dundee e.g PBL??
Original post by humza0786

Look on their website.

systems based 'problem orientated'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by humza0786

From what I've heard, it's mainly lecture based with integrated PBL cases. There is quite a lot of clinical integration in early years as well. Think they're on the wards from year 1, we certainly have none of that at Edinburgh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys,
does anyone know if a student takes a gap year and applies for medicine the following year, does the school need to give a reference? if not who else can be a referee?
thanks
Original post by suzy_eng
Hi Guys,
does anyone know if a student takes a gap year and applies for medicine the following year, does the school need to give a reference? if not who else can be a referee?
thanks

It's usually the school.
Original post by cannotdecide
It's usually the school.

Thanks. What if the relationship with the school is not good or if they are not happy to give reference?
Would the med unis see that as a negative thing?
Reply 192
Thanks. What if the relationship with the school is not good or if they are not happy to give reference?

If you have a bad relationship with your school that could be a problem. That would also be the natural assumption if you do not provide a school reference as most universities require a reference from an academic source so failing to provide one from such a source would raise suspicions.

If you can prove that they are just unwilling to give a reference as opposed to having a bad relationship with them then that would be accepted, but I'm not sure how you would get proof that they are unwilling. Possibly best call the individual universities for advice.

The school should give you a reference and it should be as good as possible. Maybe you can go and have a chat with the careers teacher. Hopefully they will be happy to help you.
Interview for Edinburgh on the 28th of Jan (graduate applicant) :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Bad news for all those waiting for Dec interviews from Glasgow. My dad called their office and they said no more emails for the Dec interviews. Depending on how these interviews go, there will be some more interviews in Jan/Feb. Rejections will be sent in Feb/March.Really sad :frown:
Got an interview for Dundee on 4th December and just got an email there for an Aberdeen interview on 20th January. Also applied to St andrews and Edinburgh - is St andrews interviews mmi or traditional?
Reply 197
Applied to Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Interview for Dundee on 9th of December and interview for Aberdeen on 15th of December. Cannot believe as I didn't think I had a chance for anywhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krd1803
Applied to Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Interview for Dundee on 9th of December and interview for Aberdeen on 15th of December. Cannot believe as I didn't think I had a chance for anywhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines is on the 15th too for aberdeen. What was ur ukcat?
Reply 199
Original post by asahigallacher
Mines is on the 15th too for aberdeen. What was ur ukcat?

655 what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending