The Student Room Group

Civil engineering 2015

Anyone applying for civil engineering this year?
if so...
1. Univeristy choices
2. predicted grades
3. reason for doing civil engineering

Mine is:
1. not sure yet but definetly liverpool and swansea
2.Abb
3. did work experience and loved it!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm starting civil engineering at Anglia Ruskin in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi, I'm applying to Swansea, Loughborough, Plymouth and Exeter
not sure about my fifth either Cardiff or Surrey. Dont know oh well got Cardiff open day coming up so hopefully that will help :smile:

I got AABC at AS and I'm predicted AAB :smile:

My reasons are the same as yours I did work experience and though it was amzing :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Trent96

My reasons are the same as yours I did work experience and though it was amzing :smile:

Original post by Leeki

3. did work experience and loved it!!!

What work experience did you do?
Reply 4
Original post by kingm

I did a week of work experience over at ARUP in Bristol. It was brilliant as I visited the projects they are doing in Bristol and was taught how to use the design software they use. It was brilliant. I kind of thought Civil Engineering was what I would like to do but the week really showed me how awesome Civil engineering is :-)
Reply 5
Original post by Trent96
I did a week of work experience over at ARUP in Bristol. It was brilliant as I visited the projects they are doing in Bristol and was taught how to use the design software they use. It was brilliant. I kind of thought Civil Engineering was what I would like to do but the week really showed me how awesome Civil engineering is :-)

That's good to hear. Do you remember the name of the design software they were using by any chance? ARUP would be a great company to work for during a placement year i think.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by kingm
That's good to hear. Do you remember the name of the design software they were using by any chance? ARUP would be a great company to work for during a placement year i think.

They mainly used Infraworks and AutoCad in particular revit
1. Oxford, Bath, Durham, Warwick and Surrey
2. A*A*A*A
3. love maths and physics, so that led me to engineering. civil seemed the most appealing one and I just researched and read about it from there. :smile:

The PAT went terribly so I don't think I'll get into Oxford, but I already have an offer from Warwick so it's all good! :biggrin:
Reply 8
1. Sheffield, Loughborough, Southampton, Edinburgh, Newcastle
2. I am passing the French baccaulereate and I am not suppose to know my predicted grades...
3. The course really appeals to me - and i love maths and physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Imperial and Brunel
2. A*A*AA
3. Loved my mechanics unit and designing and building large strictures just appealed to me
Reply 10
1) Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bristol, Bath
2) A*A*A*A* (idk if I'll actually get that... chemistry isn't looking good at the moment :P)
3) I like maths, especially mechanics, and I like buildings and bridges, so I read a bit about civil engineering and found it really interesting. It's kinda telling when you start getting excited about reinforced concrete XD
Bath, Southampton, Surrey, Sheffield, Manchester

Predicted A*AA

Lol I didn't know what to do with maths and physics a levels so after some panicking, did a bit of research into engineering. Civil eng stood out. Got a work exp placement and loved it✌️
Reply 12
Original post by kingm

I did my work experience in tube lines. It's connected with tfl. It was great.
Reply 13
Original post by Trent96

Have any of you got any offers yet??
Has anyone got any offers???
I sent mine last week to:
Ucl
nottingham
birmingham
warwick
manchester.

No offers and it is killing me!!
Reply 15
I have 4 offers although I sent mine off a month ago,

Cardiff AAA
Loughborough AAA
Swansea AAB
Plymouth ABB
I applied to Study Civil Engineering at

UCL
Nottingham
Birmingham
Warwick
Manchester

Predicted : A* A* B b

I wanted to know how people are doing and if they are getting offered as I sent my applications off and even though its been a week It's eating me not knowing if the Universities want me.

So please share if you got any offers please.

Thank you
has anybody apply to UCL for civil engineering ?
Have you guys recieved any offer yet ?
has anybody apply to UCL for civil engineering ?
Have you guys recieved any offer yet ?
is warwick good at civil engineering?

Quick Reply

Latest