The Student Room Group

Civil engineering 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ericchan
is warwick good at civil engineering?

I also want to know whether Warwick is good for civil engineering as they are not in the league tables but are for general. I have got an offer for Warwick but not sure whether I should take it :confused:
Predicted ABB,

Offers:

Loughborough University
University of Manchester
University of Liverpool
University of Salford

Waiting:

University of Nottingham
Original post by subo_
I also want to know whether Warwick is good for civil engineering as they are not in the league tables but are for general. I have got an offer for Warwick but not sure whether I should take it :confused:

Which uni have you applied?
Reply 23
Which uni have you applied?

Loughborough, Bristol, Warwick, Manchester and Surrey
Original post by subo_
Loughborough, Bristol, Warwick, Manchester and Surrey

How many offers do you have? And What are they ? What is your predicted grade ?
Reply 25

Not the person you asked, but I've received offers from Bristol and Warwick at the moment, and UCL is the only uni which haven't replied yet.

Judging by your name, are you from Hong Kong? How's your application going?
Reply 26

I have recieved 3- Manchester, Warwick and Loughborough and waiting for the rest, predicted AAB. Have you received any offers yet?
Reply 27
Original post by Cake44
Not the person you asked, but I've received offers from Bristol and Warwick at the moment, and UCL is the only uni which haven't replied yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your predictions?
Original post by Cake44

Yes ! I am from HK ! but I didnt apply to HK uni !!! Btw, What uk uni have you applied and which of them have they offered you ? Is that Ucl still has not replied yet? What is your predicted grade?
Reply 29
Yes ! I am from HK ! but I didnt apply to HK uni !!! Btw, What uk uni have you applied and which of them have they offered you ? Is that Ucl still has not replied yet? What is your predicted grade?

I'm an IB candidate so my grades won't mean much to you. I've got offers from Bristol and Warwick at the moment, waiting for others for their decisions.

What are your grades and choices?
Original post by Cake44
I'm an IB candidate so my grades won't mean much to you. I've got offers from Bristol and Warwick at the moment, waiting for others for their decisions.

What are your grades and choices?

predicted grade :AAA
Reply 31
predicted grade :AAA

Other than UCL, whereelse have you applied to?
Reply 32
Hello I just wanted to ask I was told now to apply to warwick uni becsuse they want AAB for civil engineering. I really like the uni though. My predicted grades ABB do you think I should go through adjustment if not what should I do.

Also I wanted to know approx how many females do you think are in civil eng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Newcastle
Leeds
Manchester
Liverpool
Northumbria

Predicted A*AA

at AS I got AABBB
Applied to - offer:
-City (London) (Meng) - 360 from A Level only
-Brighton (Meng) - ABB
-Brunel (Meng) - AAA
-Southampton (Beng) - waiting for offer, had interview
-UCL (Beng) - Still waiting

Like the sciences and maths, led me to Engineering. I like transport and infrastructure, so CIVIL :-D

Predicted A*AA
Got AAAB at AS level
Applied to:
Leeds (offer AAA)
Warwick (offer AAB)
Bath (offer A*AA)
Leicester (unconditional offer)
Durham (waiting)
Predicted A*A*AA (a bit too hopeful)
Reply 36
For civil eng?
For those interested in the structural side, you can find many of the commonly used standards available freely online. For example, here is AISC 360-10, the standard the Americans use to design steel structures to. You can also get the Eurocode standards, EN 1993-1-1 to 1993-1-8, as well from Google. I think it might be worth a look, since it gives a good insight into how structures are typically designed, as they'll usually be specified to be designed to a code like those mentioned.
Reply 38
Original post by Smack
For those interested in the structural side, you can find many of the commonly used standards available freely online. For example, here is AISC 360-10, the standard the Americans use to design steel structures to. You can also get the Eurocode standards, EN 1993-1-1 to 1993-1-8, as well from Google. I think it might be worth a look, since it gives a good insight into how structures are typically designed, as they'll usually be specified to be designed to a code like those mentioned.

wow I had a lecture on this on the very last day of term haha. Had a guy come in from industry and he gave a lecture on tolerances and ISO standards (including the structural side of things). Too bad I wasnt paying much attention though :lol: :colondollar:
Leeds and bath were for civil eng, the rest were general eng. Although for Warwick, if I end up going there, I was thinking of changing it to civil eng.

Quick Reply

Latest