The Student Room Group

Not sure what GCSEs to pick

im in year 9 and its almost time to pick my GCSEs.
i want to be a personal trainer and dietician in the near future, could you suggest the best GCSEs to pick. most of you would say to ask a member of staff in school, but unfortunately my school hasnt been much help :frown:
PANICKING A LITTLE, PLEASE HELP!

sara00
Reply 1
Original post by sara00
im in year 9 and its almost time to pick my GCSEs.
i want to be a personal trainer and dietician in the near future, could you suggest the best GCSEs to pick. most of you would say to ask a member of staff in school, but unfortunately my school hasnt been much help :frown:
PANICKING A LITTLE, PLEASE HELP!

sara00

firstly, what GCSE's are compulsory? and how many GCSE's can you pick?
I'd say do sports science and biology =]
Reply 2
I must do:
Maths, biology, chemistry, physics, modern Hebrew, RS, English and Biblical Hebrew.

Im just not sure which GCSEs will help me go further in what I want to do :/

Sara00
Reply 3
You have to do Modern Hebrew and Biblical Hebrew? WTF.

Just put all of the optional ones in a hat and pick out four.
Reply 4
Original post by sara00
I must do:
Maths, biology, chemistry, physics, modern Hebrew, RS, English and Biblical Hebrew.

Im just not sure which GCSEs will help me go further in what I want to do :/

Sara00

Do sports science if you can.
Reply 5
yes i know i go to a ****ed up school, what can i do
Do whatever makes you happy and what interests you and what you honestly think your good at. This isn't as hard as you think, wait until you pick courses and A level subjects for college!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subjects are there to pick from?
Reply 8
Minimum of three GCSE passes at grade C or above subjects including mathematics and English.
Minimum academic requirements for dietetic courses are two or three A levels including chemistry and another science subject.

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/allied-health-professions/careers-in-the-allied-health-professions/dietitian/entry-and-training/

To do a dietetic degree you will usually need five GCSE's (A-C), including maths and English, plus two or three A levels including chemistry and at least one other science related subject.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/dietitian.aspx

Reply 9
Original post by Wacky01
Minimum of three GCSE passes at grade C or above subjects including mathematics and English.
Minimum academic requirements for dietetic courses are two or three A levels including chemistry and another science subject.

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/allied-health-professions/careers-in-the-allied-health-professions/dietitian/entry-and-training/

To do a dietetic degree you will usually need five GCSE's (A-C), including maths and English, plus two or three A levels including chemistry and at least one other science related subject.

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/dietitian.aspx

Aha, thanks you've been extremely helpful 😃😃
Engineering & Computing are fun subjects that can lead you onto getting a career.
Reply 11
I would definitely say pick the subjects you genuinely enjoy even if it has nothing to do with getting into the career you want to get into.
However, if you are really keen on doing something associated with the career, i would recommend doing PE/long course PE. It would help a lot with the path you want to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 12
Original post by Ayooo
I would definitely say pick the subjects you genuinely enjoy even if it has nothing to do with getting into the career you want to get into.
However, if you are really keen on doing something associated with the career, i would recommend doing PE/long course PE. It would help a lot with the path you want to go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aha. Thanks you, you've been really helpful.
Already? Wow..
Do sports science for certain.
Reply 14
What you do at GCSE don't really matter as long as you have maths, English and science.
However I'd suggest you do a modern foreign language as it can be a requirement at some university, and certainly for a year abroad course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest