The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
giggsy
if you get a degree in pharm in any uni which does it im sure u can get an excellent job

Degrees from Bradford are desirable by employers. I know this because my Dad is involved with university stuff.
Reply 41
grimreefer
pharmacy, unlike medicine and dentistry, isn't competitive. for medicine and dentistry, ANY UNI WILL DO, because they're pretigious degrees and professions, and are extremly competive to get into. pharmacy isn't as competive, so a pharmacy applicant should aim to get into the top pharmacy schools; i.e. one of the seven that i mentioned above.

I think Pharmacy is fairly comnpetitive, ok not to the same extent as meds/dentistry, but at one of my open days we were given statistics of the number of applicants and the number they let in and it is like 1 in 10, i worked out- which I think is pretty competitive. But to be fair, i see you point in a different light in that achieving high A-leves will pretty much get you in to pharmacy, unlike that meds/dents.
Reply 42
grimreefer
pharmacy, unlike medicine and dentistry, isn't competitive. for medicine and dentistry, ANY UNI WILL DO, because they're pretigious degrees and professions, and are extremly competive to get into. pharmacy isn't as competive, so a pharmacy applicant should aim to get into the top pharmacy schools; i.e. one of the seven that i mentioned above.

I think Pharmacy is fairly comnpetitive, ok, not to the same extent as meds/dentistry, but at one of my open days we were given statistics of the number of applicants and the number they let in and it is like 1 in 10, I worked out- which I think is pretty competitive. But to be fair, i see you point in a different light in that achieving high A-leves will pretty much get you in to pharmacy, unlike that of meds/dents.
Reply 43
Einsteinium
Degrees from Bradford are desirable by employers. I know this because my Dad is involved with university stuff.

thanks mate, some people in here need a reality check especially that grim reefer
Merna
Brighton = The MOST amazing city ever, you will LOVE it here.
Cardiff = Go there because I'm going to! The city was good.
Sunderland = Didn't even know there was a university there
Bradford = Seems alright
LJMU = Liverpool rocks!

Very helpful advice huh?
Basically visit! I was going to go to Bath university for definite until I visited Cardiff! So you never know...

Brighton- Hell I definitely wanna be a few minutes away from the beach but just how expensive is it really? Also I was abit worried about the layout of the uni... aren't the halls really far away from the uni itself? :frown:

Cardiff- It's a definite for me so i'm hoping i'll get an offer! :biggrin:

Sunderland- :rolleyes:

Bradford- :confused:

LJMU- Liverpool rocks... but does LJMU?

Merna
brighton is blatently the best out of ur options, but im a tiny bit biased

Please decide if you are gonna pimp out brighton or cardiff because I am getting very very confused lol
When are you leaving for your gap year?
Gregorian IV
Nottingham, Manchester, LSOP, LJMU and Bradford (it's the closest city to me that does it, and tbh it isn't very high grades so it's kinda of a safety net, if u get what i mean) and possibly aston, still a bit undecided on that one.

Nice mix of unis you got there.
Go on...apply to aston. Birmingham is great! We've given you Ozzy, George Cadbury and JR Tolkien! Ok technically the last one was born in South Africa but his parents were brummies so it still counts! :biggrin:
giggsy
do you do pharm spysect

Soz for the long delay.

I do Master of Pharmacy, giggsy, starting this Friday at London School Of Pharmacy. Can't wait! :biggrin:
Reply 47
what offer did u get in with mate
Offer was BBB and I got in with ABB!

However due to loats of ppl getting high grades, LSOP could soon be increasing their grade requirement to ABB.

It's a good place to enjoy the next 4 years tho'!

Giggsy, judging by your posts here, I've just got this feeling that you will be able to go to one of these top unis if you put your back to it! Good luck in your app in 2007 and carry posting here if you have any more questions!
spysect
starting this Friday at London School Of Pharmacy. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Did you miss Freshers? :eek:
Don't forget to update us on what lsop and the course are like! :smile:
Urmm, Freshers' Day starts on 29th September. And I'll create a thread about my time there! :p: Like this Saturday, just for all you lovely ppl! :biggrin: <runs off before Beeknees stings him> :wink:
Reply 51
niceone spysect, yer ive got some good news my bio prediction has been moved up to a C from a d. I have b predicted at chem. B in my other subject but that is likely to move to an A.
Here's a bit of advice for you guys applying this year ... why don't you stop worrying about what's a good uni or a bad uni ... go and visit some with offers that you think you can achieve and like the sound of ... then apply to the ones you like the best once you've visited. Sorted.
BeesKnees
Nice mix of unis you got there.
Go on...apply to aston. Birmingham is great! We've given you Ozzy, George Cadbury and JR Tolkien! Ok technically the last one was born in South Africa but his parents were brummies so it still counts! :biggrin:

Maybe I will then :smile: , however, i only want to apply to 5 as going for too many interviews can be a right nut ache!
Reply 54
BeesKnees
Brighton- Hell I definitely wanna be a few minutes away from the beach but just how expensive is it really? Also I was abit worried about the layout of the uni... aren't the halls really far away from the uni itself? :frown:

Cardiff- It's a definite for me so i'm hoping i'll get an offer! :biggrin:

Sunderland- :rolleyes:

Bradford- :confused:

LJMU- Liverpool rocks... but does LJMU??

WELL I don't know I've only visited Cardiff out of those and live here

I'm gonna pimp up BOTH!

Well Brighton is amazing, and seriously if i didnt want the whole moving out, moving away experience i'd go there. Problem is Brighton isn't all that an amazing university, if sussex did pharmacy i would MAKE you all go there. but if you want nightlife, diversity and a beach go there. It's all about the fun. Brighton is expensive i hear but i know no different, it is the south so it guess its right, a pint costs average of £3.00, club entry is reasonable on a student night from £2- £5 and on saturdays it can be a bit more (up to £15).

Cardiff seems like that too just a hell of a lot cheaper and its welsh! But come to Cardiff BeesKnees then we can rock out together. I booked flights yesterday :biggrin: February 15th return 26th April and then hope to leave 26th April to egypt return 26th June. Though I only booked the Peru ones.
God this is an essay sorry.
giggsy
niceone spysect, yer ive got some good news my bio prediction has been moved up to a C from a d. I have b predicted at chem. B in my other subject but that is likely to move to an A.

:bumps: Good work!
Merna
WELL I don't know I've only visited Cardiff out of those and live here

I'm gonna pimp up BOTH!

Well Brighton is amazing, and seriously if i didnt want the whole moving out, moving away experience i'd go there.

Aww have a great time travelling :p: And to two continents!! I'm Jealous...definitely beats studying for A levels! lol

Really like the sound of Brighton. I've been there once and the diversity of it, nightlife, and general chilled out atmosphere all certainly appeal to me so it really sounds like a pretty cool student place, but if I end up in Cardiff, I'll be sure rock out with you lol. You'll be more familiar with the place by then afterall :biggrin: , although you might not want to be seen with the freshers haha.
Reply 57
No i wont be, i start september 2007. are you a first year at college
oh yeah... duh! :banghead:
I'm a second year. Guess I'll see you there then (if that's where I end up) :biggrin:
Reply 59
do u lot reckon its worth applying to atleast 1 top uni with predictions of abc

Latest

Trending

Trending