The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

English literature at uni of warwick

I am currently in year 13 and would like to apply foe english lit at uni. At AS I got a in sociology, b in biology and c in English literature (the coursework went room so i'm redoing that but i got a b in the exam). I did not do a further AS subject. I want to apply to warwick and uni of birmingham to study english lit. In all honesty do I have a chance of getting accepted at warwick? I am aiming to move the b in biology to an a and the english lit also to an a. How about birmingham?
Reply 1
Original post by Actuponit
I am currently in year 13 and would like to apply foe english lit at uni. At AS I got a in sociology, b in biology and c in English literature (the coursework went room so i'm redoing that but i got a b in the exam). I did not do a further AS subject. I want to apply to warwick and uni of birmingham to study english lit. In all honesty do I have a chance of getting accepted at warwick? I am aiming to move the b in biology to an a and the english lit also to an a. How about birmingham?

Hi there,

Warwick do have a very high amount of applicants for English Literature each year and it is a very competitive course. The requirements are grades AAA in subjects not including General Studies, and one of those A grades has to be in English Lit itself, and the course never goes into clearing because of the competition for places. To apply, you must use the UCAS system and if you are successful at this stage, you'll be invited to interview, and only after this second stage will you be notified of your result. I personally did 4 A-Levels and achieved an A*, A, B and C, but at AS, when I was invited to interview, I only had a A, B, C, C. In order to try to make my application successful despite these grades which I knew I could improve, I had to really tailor my personal statement to explain that I was aiming to achieve better grades in resits and I also got every teacher who was writing a reference for me to mention that I was a very hard worker who usually got straight As. I was subsequently invited to interview, and they asked me straight away about my not so great results, how I was going to change them and what I had learned since sitting those exams. 5 days later, I got an offer, so it's definitely not impossible, you just have to really get your head down and pull those grades up!

Good luck. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest