The Student Room Group

Third driving test

Hi, I had my second driving test yesterday and failed.
On the first one I missed the exit on a dual carriageway due to overtaking and not being able to get over in time. The examiner put the fault in the progress section.
then yesterday I got 3 majors for mirrors, and I didn't think I was that bad at mirrors (i got 3 minors for this in my first test.) Besides mirrors, yesterday I only got 3 minors. It was annoying as I really thought I'd passed as I thought I checked my mirrors as I normally do.
My confidence is just so knocked for the next one, especially because it's so much money and I have a car waiting for me to drive. I don't know if it's worth having many more lessons before my test as I did only fail on mirrors?
Any advice is appreciated :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by Crooked_y0ung
Hi, I had my second driving test yesterday and failed.
On the first one I missed the exit on a dual carriageway due to overtaking and not being able to get over in time. The examiner put the fault in the progress section.
then yesterday I got 3 majors for mirrors, and I didn't think I was that bad at mirrors (i got 3 minors for this in my first test.) Besides mirrors, yesterday I only got 3 minors. It was annoying as I really thought I'd passed as I thought I checked my mirrors as I normally do.
My confidence is just so knocked for the next one, especially because it's so much money and I have a car waiting for me to drive. I don't know if it's worth having many more lessons before my test as I did only fail on mirrors?
Any advice is appreciated :confused:

I appreciate your situation, but it really is not as bad as you think it is.

You made a silly mistake on the first test and had only one issue on the second. This means you only have one issue to focus on and it's easy to solve: regularly make it clear you are checking your mirrors and do it when changing direction. If the examiner is not sure if you make a check, they will probably give you the benefit of the doubt if you've done lots of checks already.

Book a lesson or two with your instructor to be confident with this and you should be good to go. You may have checked your mirrors normally as your instructor may point out, but some examiners are stricter than others. Either way, make clear and regular checks and it won't matter.

So don't let it affect your confidence as a driver: it' one issue! Passing first time does not mean you are a good driver and passing third time does not mean you are a bad driver!

Keep it simple and take your time. Book the test, take a couple of lessons and regularly and clearly check your mirrors to pass!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending