The Student Room Group

Law: what should a new student do before entering 1st year??

Hi all!! I am accepted to start the Graduate LLB 2yr course at Univesity of Birmingham in Sept 2015. Any suggestions as to how I can prepare? Any suggested readings?

thanks for any suggestions you may have!!! :colondollar:
2 years? Safe to assume you are just doing the core subjects. You've likely done a degree before hand so it's safe to assume you have sufficient writing skills. I personally recommend giving 2-3 textbooks a read - something like contract, land and equity. After reading them or while you are doing it they will make references to cases. You should try giving cases a read as they are quite difficult at first, but after a few times reading them you become more proficient at it. Then give some essays a try.

Edit: also read a legal system book - something like the legal skills book. This isn't very difficult though, just outline some basics which are good to know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
2 years? Safe to assume you are just doing the core subjects. You've likely done a degree before hand so it's safe to assume you have sufficient writing skills. I personally recommend giving 2-3 textbooks a read - something like contract, land and equity. After reading them or while you are doing it they will make references to cases. You should try giving cases a read as they are quite difficult at first, but after a few times reading them you become more proficient at it. Then give some essays a try.

Edit: also read a legal system book - something like the legal skills book. This isn't very difficult though, just outline some basics which are good to know.

Thanks for your repsonse!! Yes I have a Bachelors degree in Criminology completed. So it's not the first time for uni by far, but was more wondering about any kinda prep materials that may help. I will most certainly research the legal skills book. Thanks again!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending