The Student Room Group

Proof unis are a joke

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whowasfone
im being serious. can someone aware me on how to get into cambridge with ABD (AS year) ??
do i have to beg them over email or something?

lol Not happening.
Reply 81
Original post by thatgurlsalz
they wont see motivation..
they will see someone who is unorganised (cant meet deadlines), Lazy (cant be bothered to apply on time, and someone who thinks they superior to others in that they can be let in even after they havent met the requirements or timings..
seriously tho, there are so many other good unis u can apply to and hav till 15 Jan, u grades are decent so ull be fine tbh, that being said, its your call

you see, this is where the i start playing the game with cambridge. they cannot let me in because of my grades, but the other side of the story is that they have to let me in because of my grades because grades aren't the most important thing in determining someone's intelligence
i get into their uni
it's a revolution, we reform the education system for the better, i make a few appearances on channel 4 news, and it's a good day
Reply 82
lol i had to retake a year because i couldnt give a **** about my a levels and i still don't to an extent

lol Thats proof YOU are a joke...have a good 1
you see, this is where the i start playing the game with cambridge. they cannot let me in because of my grades, but the other side of the story is that they have to let me in because of my grades because grades aren't the most important thing in determining someone's intelligence
i get into their uni
it's a revolution, we reform the education system for the better, i make a few appearances on channel 4 news, and it's a good day

They don't have to do anything. They are perfectly within their rights not to let you in.
i get into their uni

Wooow, looks like you really got it in the bag..
Reply 85
can someone please be serious in this thread and at least PM me about my options?
Reply 86
Original post by OU Student
They don't have to do anything. They are perfectly within their rights not to let you in.

ok so what are my options
Original post by Paralove
University is about wanting to learn. If you can't be bothered with A-Levels, what makes uni seem a good option for you?

I couldn't be bothered with A-levels, then I went to uni and got a 1st. Turns out nothing taught at school particularly interested me.

Given that maths is taught at school, though, I'm not sure OP can use the same excuse.

Sell yu gi oh cards on ebay.
Reply 89
Original post by TurboCretin
I couldn't be bothered with A-levels, then I went to uni and got a 1st. Turns out nothing taught at school particularly interested me.

Given that maths is taught at school, though, I'm not sure OP can use the same excuse.

thankyou for offering another side to this thread. what did you study and what were your a level grades?

If your that desperate to go Cambridge fix your life and apply next year! altho that wnt even gurantee u a place
most sensible thing to do is luk at uthr unis, I dnt c wat the problem is tbh
Reply 91
If your that desperate to go Cambridge fix your life and apply next year! altho that wnt even gurantee u a place
most sensible thing to do is luk at uthr unis, I dnt c wat the problem is tbh

i am a very strange head and i am a perfectionist. i either apply to the best or don't bother
i am a very strange head and i am a perfectionist. i either apply to the best or don't bother

perfectionist yh? coz everythings going so perfect for you right now..lol.
Ive tried to help u out bro *sigh*, but try helping urself by being a little more realistic :biggrin:
Reply 93
perfectionist yh? coz everythings going so perfect for you right now..lol.
Ive tried to help u out bro *sigh*, but try helping urself by being a little more realistic :biggrin:

lol ur funny
lol ur funny

iknw.
Original post by Zorg
Actually, psychiatrists need a degree in medicine...

As I said earlier- I was tired, slightly stressed (long story) and I got confused. :frown: Yes, it's a stupid slip up, and for that I apologise :frown:
Original post by Zorg
Actually, psychiatrists need a degree in medicine...

and Practitioner Psychologists in clinical practice require a Doctorate.

A degree in Psychology does not qualify people as a psychologist , as the none clinical psychologist practitioner roles require Masters
Original post by TurboCretin

Which university? The course content at some universities (especially those that have lower grade requirements) is much narrower and easier in comparison to the same course at a top university. So a first from Manchester Met, for instance, is not all that impressive.
i get lots of pictures on my fb feed of my "friends" who went to uni.
there were a lot of absolute IDIOTS who got into the top 10 unis in the country. absolutely sickening

not only were they stupid as ****, they probably only got in because they applied for non-competitive mickey mouse degrees and now i have to suffer because i cant get into top unis because they're doing some stupid english courses or whatever they're doing

****ing sickening

What exactly do you consider non-competitive "mickey mouse degrees" at top 10 universities?

First of all, Literally all have at least 5:1 ratio at top 10 universities, with few exceptions such as Anglo-Saxon, Celtic and Norse at Cambridge.

Second of all, those "stupid English courses" are fundamental and really essential to the functioning of civil society in the UK. If you won't allow for enlightenment of your citizens, you'll soon end up in radical UKIP-like ****hole wherein you cannot go and pursue your biomed science degree because liberal ideas, reason and rational governance would be replaced with extremism, repression and rule of the elites.
Reply 99
Original post by Melancholic Mill
What exactly do you consider non-competitive "mickey mouse degrees" at top 10 universities?

First of all, Literally all have at least 5:1 ratio at top 10 universities, with few exceptions such as Anglo-Saxon, Celtic and Norse at Cambridge.

Second of all, those "stupid English courses" are fundamental and really essential to the functioning of civil society in the UK. If you won't allow for enlightenment of your citizens, you'll soon end up in radical UKIP-like ****hole wherein you cannot go and pursue your biomed science degree because liberal ideas, reason and rational governance would be replaced with extremism, repression and rule of the elites.

ukip = radical

ok then son

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending