The Student Room Group

The 2015 FCA Graduate Development Programme thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by UniGradHopeful
No I didn't get to telephone interview. I completed the motivational questions two weeks ago and this is the first update I've had since then lol! It's a bit confusing. Sure there's always next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks. You didn't even get to complete the online tests? I guess that is going to happen to me too, since they are taking so long.
I received an email after my telephone interview last Friday thanking me for attending an assessment day, and when I log in to my application, it says my application is on hold and they will update me shortly about the next stage of the recruitment process...
Reply 62
Oh really. My friend is in the same position. But my application differs because I had done the SJT's, motivational questions and the numerical and logical already. I think I know why people have the telephone interview first as well. Sorry I didnt mention before, but its to do with disability. I think. My friend has a physical problem and he ticked the two ticks scheme or something along those lines, and then they fast track you to a telephone interview straight away. He thought he had got through to the AC, but then he had to do the SJT's, then he thought he got through to the AC again, and now he is completing the motivational questions. So does anyone who didn't have the telephone interview as their first stage, but rather after everything else, heard back???
My application followed this order:

Application
Situational judgement test
Motivational questions
Numerical and logical reasoning tests
Telephone interview

And I am yet to hear back about the outcome.
Still no news for me either online or by email (waiting to hear about motivational questions, submitted on 3 December). I emailed them yesterday and haven't had a response yet. :facepalm:
Reply 65
Any updates from anyone who got through to the AC yet, im sure it's been 5 days since the telephone interview for some
Original post by ckhcatlady
I received an email after my telephone interview last Friday thanking me for attending an assessment day, and when I log in to my application, it says my application is on hold and they will update me shortly about the next stage of the recruitment process...

I'm exactly the same! They said they'd let me know within 5 working days on the phone, but then sent an email saying it would be after the 22nd..... It's been 10 days so I'm assuming it'll be after the 22nd!
Also does anyone know if they have more than one day for the assessment centres? I've got exams and holidays in January and a bit worried I won't be able to make it.....
Reply 68
Ahh man, I think your right, they'll probably start letting us know next week. And yh I heard there's usually 2 AC's for this
UPDATE:

I just had an apologetic phone call from the FCA - it shouldn't have taken them 2.5 weeks to review my motivational questions, but there's a technical problem with the system that means that some people just aren't coming up. They're going to look at them today. So I would say that if you've been waiting more than a week or so then drop them an email just in case.

Edit: update to the update - I'm through, got my telephone interview on Monday! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Just received an email from the FCA - with a blatant typo error in the first sentence - telling me that my app is now on hold until all telephone interviews are completed, that is - allegedly - by Monday 22 December. I am not sure whether to believe them now...
Has anyone received an email saying they were unsuccessful? Very tempted to email here because still no email, no communication due to be sent but status says I'm not progressing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by UniGradHopeful
Has anyone received an email saying they were unsuccessful? Very tempted to email here because still no email, no communication due to be sent but status says I'm not progressing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got an email stating that they are not going to progress my application. IDG why not though. I think my answers to the motivational questions were on point and I didn't get a chance to fail the online test. Whatevs
Awk their process is a bit ridiculous. I did send an email there to see what the craic is with mine. Maybe do the same yourself just in case there's been a mistake!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year I completed the motivation questions very much 11th hour and 59 minetsish!, so I can understand that it was probably not considered that fairly. However this year I completed the questions on a Sunday and received a rejection that same day (not with an email but with an update on my FCA account). I was desperate to get further this time round and really put my effort into the questions.

From the last recruitment round, to some notable instances this year, it is clear that there are severe issues in relation to their processes. Considering they are involved in setting and being a symbol of a higher level of conduct I am quite sceptical about certain questionable aspects. For instance some people are forwarded to an interview straight away (I realise they may have completed tests a year back and passed, however that might not always be the case). I really do wonder sometimes, as other recruitment teams seems far more organised, transparent and fair (the irony).

I really want to send an email asking why my application wasnt forwarded as my motivational questions, like yours were really foucsed etc. But it is the fact that it was rejected in a rapid time which gets me.
Reply 75
Hello hello,
Although it seems that the general consensus is that you will hear after today I thought I would input. I had my telephone interview on the 11th and got my 'unsuccessful' email on the 17th (it was within 5 working days).
However, I often checked my application and found out I had progressed to the online tests (after motivational Qs) there. Additionally, I had some sort of technical issue whereby my application wasn't automatically updated after my online tests. The only reason I received an email almost immediately for the telephone interview was because I emailed penna concerned about a possible glitch in one of my online tests.

From what everyone else has been saying it seems that a lot of applications aren't being automatically updated by the system so I would call/email penna if you've been waiting forever and a day!

Good luck to everyone still in the process!
Reply 76
Original post by Chemlewo
Hello hello,
Although it seems that the general consensus is that you will hear after today I thought I would input. I had my telephone interview on the 11th and got my 'unsuccessful' email on the 17th (it was within 5 working days).
However, I often checked my application and found out I had progressed to the online tests (after motivational Qs) there. Additionally, I had some sort of technical issue whereby my application wasn't automatically updated after my online tests. The only reason I received an email almost immediately for the telephone interview was because I emailed penna concerned about a possible glitch in one of my online tests.

From what everyone else has been saying it seems that a lot of applications aren't being automatically updated by the system so I would call/email penna if you've been waiting forever and a day!

Good luck to everyone still in the process!

Ahh man this doesn't sound like good news. Today is the "5th day" for me. Did you by any chance happend to receive an email or update with an error saying "hank you for attending the assessment centre..." blah blah. That glitch? Or was your status on "hold" on your main page. Because apparently last year that meant that you did not proceed any further!!! So nervous now. Just wana know.
Reply 77
Original post by schen6222
Last year I completed the motivation questions very much 11th hour and 59 minetsish!, so I can understand that it was probably not considered that fairly. However this year I completed the questions on a Sunday and received a rejection that same day (not with an email but with an update on my FCA account). I was desperate to get further this time round and really put my effort into the questions.

From the last recruitment round, to some notable instances this year, it is clear that there are severe issues in relation to their processes. Considering they are involved in setting and being a symbol of a higher level of conduct I am quite sceptical about certain questionable aspects. For instance some people are forwarded to an interview straight away (I realise they may have completed tests a year back and passed, however that might not always be the case). I really do wonder sometimes, as other recruitment teams seems far more organised, transparent and fair (the irony).

I really want to send an email asking why my application wasnt forwarded as my motivational questions, like yours were really foucsed etc. But it is the fact that it was rejected in a rapid time which gets me.

I sent an email asking about the assessment criteria on Friday. Eagerly awaiting their reply.
Reply 78
Original post by Marisita
I sent an email asking about the assessment criteria on Friday. Eagerly awaiting their reply.

Whatt?? There's an AC this Friday???
Reply 79
Original post by MRahman1
Whatt?? There's an AC this Friday???

No. I am talking about the way they assess the motivation questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending