The Student Room Group

Am i pregnant? help :(

Hi, i'm really scared and need some advice.
long story short..
i'm 18 and might have polycystic ovaries. been to docs and they said i might but not for sure. they think this because i didn't have a period for 10 months. i started 9 years old but stopped for 10 months at 14.
they put me on the pill and been on it near 4 years.
i came off it and had a normal period after that.
me and my boyfriend had sex shortly after with two condoms (i know that this is bad now) and he didn't ejaculate.
my period was due last week but haven't had one.
not sure if it's to do with my polycystic ovaries or that i'm pregnant.
can't tell parents as they'll be devastated and very angry.
don't know what to do.

please help!! thanks x
Take a pregnancy test first. Don't panic before you know the facts. It might not be either, it could just be your body is readjusting to not having the hormones from the pill. It can take some women up to 6 months for their cycle to return to normal after taking the pill.

If you do have PCOS, then you need to accept that irregular periods is something thats likely to happen to you, and not panic every time you have a late or missed period, but perhaps have a few pregnancy tests on hand so you can double check.

Do you not think it might be worth asking for a referral to a gynecologist to find out for sure whether or not you do have polycystic ovaries?
Reply 2
thanks, just scared of doing a test. never done it before.
if i am, no way can i go through with it. i'm not ready at all. my parents will go mad!
and yeah i think i should. been to 3 different doctors, 2 said i have it and the other said i don't. still not sure.

Latest