The Student Room Group

King Edward Camphill Sixth form 2015

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here' been to Camphill/ is thinking of applying. Their opinions of it, what they were predicted and what the average GCSE requirements are (from your point of view).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Barbie1998
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here' been to Camphill/ is thinking of applying. Their opinions of it, what they were predicted and what the average GCSE requirements are (from your point of view).

I've submitted my application form, my brother went there and he found he was really pushed to his limits in order to achieve what he was capable of... I'm predicted all A's and an A* in Maths. But then again, my brother got 11 A's and 5 A*'s and just about got in! So the competition is high for them few places which are open to other schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Oh I have applied to Camp Hill as well but I really don't know if I can get it because I have heard that it has become really competitive. Plus I sent it in the two weeks holiday so there's bound to be a delay. But I was wondering do they look at applicants in the holiday????
Reply 3
Original post by ZennyX
Oh I have applied to Camp Hill as well but I really don't know if I can get it because I have heard that it has become really competitive. Plus I sent it in the two weeks holiday so there's bound to be a delay. But I was wondering do they look at applicants in the holiday????

No, I don't think they start looking at them till after the deadline. What a levels have you chosen? X
Reply 4
Original post by Haskii
I've submitted my application form, my brother went there and he found he was really pushed to his limits in order to achieve what he was capable of... I'm predicted all A's and an A* in Maths. But then again, my brother got 11 A's and 5 A*'s and just about got in! So the competition is high for them few places which are open to other schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks x
Reply 5
No, I don't think they start looking at them till after the deadline. What a levels have you chosen? X

Hiya, I have chosen biology chemistry maths and psychology though I am a bit unsure of that one because I was initially going to choose further maths but I kept hearing that half of my lessons will be maths so I changed my mind! What A-levels have you chosen?? :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by ZennyX
Hiya, I have chosen biology chemistry maths and psychology though I am a bit unsure of that one because I was initially going to choose further maths but I kept hearing that half of my lessons will be maths so I changed my mind! What A-levels have you chosen?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Hiya, i have chosen biology,chemistry,maths and physics mainly because those are the ones i do best in and enjoy 😃 i'd say just go for what you enjoy and feel most comfortable doing. What are your preficted grades like? Are you looking to apply anywhere else? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hiya, i have chosen biology,chemistry,maths and physics mainly because those are the ones i do best in and enjoy ������ i'd say just go for what you enjoy and feel most comfortable doing. What are your preficted grades like? Are you looking to apply anywhere else? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

My predicted grades are okay 4 A*'s and 6 A's but the good thing is I already achieved 2 A*'s in my early entry and in my mocks I got 5 A*'s and 1 A (didn't do mocks for all subjects). So I don't think my grades are that wow to get me into the sixth form but I still have hope!!! I've applied to the other King Edwards, University of Birmingham school and for back up I applied to colleges such as JCC. And I've also applied to Sutton Coldfield Grammar. So how about you?? Oh and I was wondering if you were thinking of applying for medicine or something.:rolleyes:

Reply 8
Original post by ZennyX
My predicted grades are okay 4 A*'s and 6 A's but the good thing is I already achieved 2 A*'s in my early entry and in my mocks I got 5 A*'s and 1 A (didn't do mocks for all subjects). So I don't think my grades are that wow to get me into the sixth form but I still have hope!!! I've applied to the other King Edwards, University of Birmingham school and for back up I applied to colleges such as JCC. And I've also applied to Sutton Coldfield Grammar. So how about you?? Oh and I was wondering if you were thinking of applying for medicine or something.:rolleyes:

Well done!, i'm pretty sure you will get in...My predicted grades are 11A*. In my mocks I got 9A* and 2As i think. I'm applying to kech and the school which i already go to (its a private one), so not that many... Haha yeah i am thinking of doing medicine lol😃 what about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Well done!, i'm pretty sure you will get in...My predicted grades are 11A*. In my mocks I got 9A* and 2As i think. I'm applying to kech and the school which i already go to (its a private one), so not that many... Haha yeah i am thinking of doing medicine lol������ what about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I'm going to try to get into medicine so I'll try to do as much work experience I can!! But it is getting even more competitive each year!!! But anyway good luck :wink::smile::biggrin:
Reply 10
Hey :smile:
My dream is actually to go to Camp Hill. I'm sending my application off as soon as I get my Mock results which is in about 3 days man, so it should be good. Alright so my predicted grades: 8A*s, 2A's and I've already got an A in RS (lol) I'm guessing like anybody with over 6 A*s will be considered, then they choose the people with the best applications from there.
The school is amazing, I know loads of people that have been/go there and I so want to go there man. Whats your predicted grades like?
Original post by Kvllum
Hey :smile:
My dream is actually to go to Camp Hill. I'm sending my application off as soon as I get my Mock results which is in about 3 days man, so it should be good. Alright so my predicted grades: 8A*s, 2A's and I've already got an A in RS (lol) I'm guessing like anybody with over 6 A*s will be considered, then they choose the people with the best applications from there.
The school is amazing, I know loads of people that have been/go there and I so want to go there man. Whats your predicted grades like?

Hi there, having stumbled upon this thread after typing my school's name out in the search bar to see where it would lead, I could be of some assistance to whoever may require it. I'm in year 13 CHB and have been at Camp Hill since day 1. Studying biology, chemistry and geography.
Very hard to get into :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Abhay123
Hi there, having stumbled upon this thread after typing my school's name out in the search bar to see where it would lead, I could be of some assistance to whoever may require it. I'm in year 13 CHB and have been at Camp Hill since day 1. Studying biology, chemistry and geography.

Hey there. Could you look at my mocks and predicted grades and tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? :smile:. I also did a good application (I guess) where I praised the school loads, spoke about extra curricular activites loads and basically wrote loads. I sent the application Friday and got an E-mail today saying they're processing my application.
Mocks: 7A*s 2A's. (All A*s in subjects I want to do at A-level. Got A* in Maths and an A in English Language)
Predicted Grades: 9A*s 2A's
Original post by Kvllum
Hey there. Could you look at my mocks and predicted grades and tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? :smile:. I also did a good application (I guess) where I praised the school loads, spoke about extra curricular activites loads and basically wrote loads. I sent the application Friday and got an E-mail today saying they're processing my application.
Mocks: 7A*s 2A's. (All A*s in subjects I want to do at A-level. Got A* in Maths and an A in English Language)
Predicted Grades: 9A*s 2A's

Your predicted grades are absolutely brilliant. But my school is quite dodgy and grades really doth matter to a certain extent. It really just depends on what subjects your applying for. Bio and Chem will be competitive to get in even with those grades. But say, if you applied for the humanities and arts with those grades, you would pretty much walk in. Also, because everyone will basically have roughly the same grades so based on the externals that joined my year and the year below, i believe CH is trying to get a wide variety of people from different areas of bham to join. Note to others that don't have amazing grades or aren't predicted any A*, you still have a chance, there are people in my year who got in without having gotten any A* at GCSE at all.
Reply 15
Your predicted grades are absolutely brilliant. But my school is quite dodgy and grades really doth matter to a certain extent. It really just depends on what subjects your applying for. Bio and Chem will be competitive to get in even with those grades. But say, if you applied for the humanities and arts with those grades, you would pretty much walk in. Also, because everyone will basically have roughly the same grades so based on the externals that joined my year and the year below, i believe CH is trying to get a wide variety of people from different areas of bham to join. Note to others that don't have amazing grades or aren't predicted any A*, you still have a chance, there are people in my year who got in without having gotten any A* at GCSE at all.

If you dont mind me asking, what were your grades like? Also, what do you think they look for in particular for someone wanting to do biology, chemistry, physics and maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you dont mind me asking, what were your grades like? Also, what do you think they look for in particular for someone wanting to do biology, chemistry, physics and maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

um yeh sure - 8A* and 2A. Then at AS level I got 3A's and a C (maths). Dropped that hideous subject now. And in regards to your question, just make sure you have decent predicted grades and try and ace your interview with Mr.Hardy. Ive just also asked my friend on the matter who joined in year 12 and he said that (a) need to suck up to the school during the interview saying 'how amazing it is' etc to show you really want to be there. And (b) have lots of work experience under your belt that you can talk about during your interview. As the school wants to know that your dedicated to your work and you know what you want to go and study at uni etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17

Ah thanks man. My problem is I want to do Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science so yeah it'll be difficult. Guess I need to go all out in the interview then
Original post by Kvllum
Ah thanks man. My problem is I want to do Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science so yeah it'll be difficult. Guess I need to go all out in the interview then

HI THERE!

Im currently in year 11 Camp Hill GIRLS (so kinda the opposite of the other guy from camp hill thats on this chat) and i thought i may be of use to some if you guys on this forum.
So i came across this post when i was wondering how many external candidates were applying to camp hill and if they needed any help since the last date to apply is this friday!!!!

i just thought i could enlighten you of any questions you may have :smile: as many of our teachers have been talking about the sixth form with us
:cool:
Reply 19
Original post by Amy Hickman
HI THERE!

Im currently in year 11 Camp Hill GIRLS (so kinda the opposite of the other guy from camp hill thats on this chat) and i thought i may be of use to some if you guys on this forum.
So i came across this post when i was wondering how many external candidates were applying to camp hill and if they needed any help since the last date to apply is this friday!!!!

i just thought i could enlighten you of any questions you may have :smile: as many of our teachers have been talking about the sixth form with us
:cool:

KECH GIRLS?! Yr11?! You're a star lmao, okay I have a few questions so I'm just gonna shoot:

1) I sent my application friday. It got acknowledged Monday and they said they'll email me later if they have any info. How long will that take?

2) Are my predicted grades and mock grades okay?
Predicted: 9A*s 2A's. Mocks: 7A*s 2A's

3) what are you taking for A level :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest