The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan 2015 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Applied for psychology (foundation entry) but have no idea about which accommodation is best!!!!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by R__x
Applied for psychology (foundation entry) but have no idea about which accommodation is best!!!!

IQ Kopa was very good when I visited on the open day.
Reply 62
I've applied for Audio Engineering and have an interview in Feb! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by shagoon.modi
Hey, I've applied for medicine too. I have an interview in March. What about you?!

Youve applied for medicine at UCLan? Are you an international student?
Yes I applied for medicine and I am an international student. What about you?
Reply 65
Yes I applied for medicine and I am an international student. What about you?

Ooh where from? Nah, im British student who lives in Preston so UCLan is most convenient option lol. But I was just a bit shocked ppl actually apply for medicine, given the horrendous fees of 25-35k per year! How would u pay that!?
Original post by Littlemissflames
I sent it off mid october-ish, but I've got a conditional to study there now :smile: have you heard back yet?

Congrats! Is it your firm choice? And I haven't heard anything back yet, and I sent it off at the beginning of December so if your timeframe is anything to go by I'll have a while yet loool
Oh well for International students that's the normal fee at every med school, between student loans and my parent's saving I suppose I'll manage :/
Reply 68
Oh well for International students that's the normal fee at every med school, between student loans and my parent's saving I suppose I'll manage :/

Oh I see. Well good luck with your application then and hope you get your offers from where you want it! Which country are you from by the way. Interesing to know :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zahra96
Oh I see. Well good luck with your application then and hope you get your offers from where you want it! Which country are you from by the way. Interesing to know :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I will be visiting Preston in March for my interview. What are the good places to visit?! I live in Bangladesh but am originally Indian..You?
Reply 70
Thanks, I will be visiting Preston in March for my interview. What are the good places to visit?! I live in Bangladesh but am originally Indian..You?

Indian British (ie. Indian ancestors) but lived in preston all my life. And to be honest not much haha, were a small city yet friendly. Advantage is were not too far from places like Manchester, liverpool etc.

The restaurants in Preston.. well, youd rather go to Blackburn which is a town 20 mins away and lots of authentic Asian food!
Have a great time when you come!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zahra96
Indian British (ie. Indian ancestors) but lived in preston all my life. And to be honest not much haha, were a small city yet friendly. Advantage is were not too far from places like Manchester, liverpool etc.

The restaurants in Preston.. well, youd rather go to Blackburn which is a town 20 mins away and lots of authentic Asian food!
Have a great time when you come!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks for the help :smile: If I end up going to UCLan then I suppose we'll get to know each other!
Reply 72
Original post by kathyikr
I have applied to Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation with a foundation year. I'm hoping to stay in any of the accommodations that have an ensuite room.

Come to moor lane!! Cheaper and I am there
Original post by BabyChow
Applied for psychology and criminology. Used to be my firm choice before I got an unconditional elsewhere but I have doubts going for the unconditional...

I'm a first year psych student at UCLan so would happy to answer any questions you might have. :smile:
Reply 74
I am also a uclan student ,I here to answer all questions regarding social care,social work and psychology courses
so I've finally sent of my application! phew
anyone interested in roeburn?
Reply 76
Anyone applied for Fire and Leadership studies heard back yet?

Sent my application off mid December but heard nothing back from it yet.
I'm hoping to go to UCLAN in September. I'm looking to do Policing and Criminal Investigation, is anyone else doing this course? :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by sarcasmaddict899
I'm hoping to go to UCLAN in September. I'm looking to do Policing and Criminal Investigation, is anyone else doing this course? :smile:

Don't come here,people in preston are rude,ignorant, worst place if you don't know any places or people about,struggled first 6months here
Original post by ifmtg
Don't come here,people in preston are rude,ignorant, worst place if you don't know any places or people about,struggled first 6months here

Thanks for replying. Really? That's not what I heard? Do you live in halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending