Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan 2015 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sarcasmaddict899
Thanks for replying. Really? That's not what I heard? Do you live in halls?

No I live at home but moving to halls in September for 2nd year,are you planning on living in halls? Is uclan your first choice?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 81
Thanks for replying. Really? That's not what I heard? Do you live in halls?

Oh no Im sorry you think that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ifmtg
No I live at home but moving to halls in September for 2nd year,are you planning on living in halls? Is uclan your first choice?

Yes it's my first choice and I do want to live in halls.
Original post by ifmtg

Excuse me butting in here :tongue:
I'm a first year wanting to live in halls in second year too. How do you go about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Anonymous #2
Excuse me butting in here :tongue:
I'm a first year wanting to live in halls in second year too. How do you go about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey hurry moor lane halls are cheap £85 a week for a esuite ,hurry because they will run out.

Apply now we might be housemates haha

he is the website to apply

https://www.sanctuary-students.com/moor-lane-halls
Original post by ifmtg
Hey hurry moor lane halls are cheap £85 a week for a esuite ,hurry because they will run out.

Apply now we might be housemates haha

he is the website to apply

https://www.sanctuary-students.com/moor-lane-halls

I was looking at Ladywell and Brunel Court, purely because they're basically next to my building :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by WTDodd
Anyone applied for Fire and Leadership studies heard back yet?

Sent my application off mid December but heard nothing back from it yet.

Got an offer today! :smile:
Reply 87
I was looking at Ladywell and Brunel Court, purely because they're basically next to my building :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are rip off and ****
Reply 88
Original post by ifmtg
Come to moor lane!! Cheaper and I am there
What's it like there? decent sizes? And how far are they from the main uni buildings?
Reply 89
Original post by WTDodd
Got an offer today! :smile:

Congratulations :biggrin: will it be your firm choice?
Reply 90
I'm hoping to go to UCLAN in September. I'm looking to do Policing and Criminal Investigation, is anyone else doing this course? :smile:

I'm looking to do forensics and criminal investigation so I imagine we'll be studying in the same sort of place :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by kathyikr
What's it like there? decent sizes? And how far are they from the main uni buildings?

Very neat ,less noise from uclan halls, less than 5mins from uni buildings and town centre
Yes, I'm so excited. I just received my offer. Have you got yours yet? :biggrin:
I thought I would drop a hello in as I got my offer for Psychology 3 days ago. :biggrin:
Original post by NineTailedFox
I thought I would drop a hello in as I got my offer for Psychology 3 days ago. :biggrin:

Well done!!

I'm a first year doing psychology so feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Well done!!

I'm a first year doing psychology so feel free to ask any questions :smile:

Thank you for the help, I have a few if you dont mind answering :smile:

What is the quality of teaching?

Are the staff helpful?

What halls are best?

Reply 96

Are the staff helpful?

What halls are best?

Hey I am a uclan student studying that course at different partner college,the best is to come to a partner college like burneley or runshaw for your first year,at partner college there is less number of people in your class so you get good support where as at uclan preston based you on your own because they will be like 100 people in it lecture so the lecturer won't have time to help you,partner college can you help get confident by the time you move to preston based campus with 444 people,the halls to book are moor lane all bills are included in your rent 80 pound a week for an ensuite and 60 for a standard ,
Hi. I sent my application off mid December for TV production but I have not heard anything yet, I'm so nervous. Has anybody else applied and have you heard anything yet.

Thanks

Are the staff helpful?

What halls are best?

1. Generally pretty good actually. I've only come across one lecturer that I don't like and I think I've had pretty much all of them for one lecture or another.
2. If you go out and seek it, yes. Some people moan that they're struggling with something but do nothing about it as they expect help to come to them. If you email a lecturer asking for help you will 100% get it, in my experience anyway.
3. I don't live in halls but I've heard IQ Kopa are pretty good :smile:

Any more fire away :smile:
Original post by Megblack96
Hi. I sent my application off mid December for TV production but I have not heard anything yet, I'm so nervous. Has anybody else applied and have you heard anything yet.

Thanks

Sent mine off on the 15th of December, got an offer on Wednesday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending