The Student Room Group

Im 20 and my mum is still treating me like Im a kid.

So I have confronted her a few times asking her to stop.She flips and randomly brings a completely different topic and avoids what Im trying to tell her.

She knows Im insecure because I was bullied in my past (I still am traumatised by it today)and if I tell her off she will bring that into the conversation out of the blue,she will also ask are you being bullied by other people.Which hurts me because I become depressed about it.
If I try to ignore her acting strange she will saying why are you avoiding me.

My mum now lives with her mum and 10 other people in one house.and I'm miles away living at University,If I don't call her for a day she says she gets panicky ,If I say I will only call you a few times a week she just says "Why?No you cant"

Shes live in Blackburn for 40 years with her mum.Thats the only place she has stayed,never moved or been anywhere else.I live in Manchester for a few months and she keeps reminding me to remember my roots.F**K MY ROOTS.I have had nothing but trouble since I was there.

So she phones me to say come home this weekend,stuff like bring all your clothes home with you,bring some plastic tubs so you can put food in to take with you to University I'm old enough to do that myself.
A few months ago I told her I was going to apply for my provisional licence.She flipped out at me screaming and said NO.I applied anyway without her knowing.

Because of her I swallowed pills, c*t wrists nearly electrocuted myself to death
I just don't know what to say to her,I have to lived around her telling me what to do.My GCSEs were her choice not mine, she forced me to do those.My A levels and UNIVERSITY CHOICES were hers not mine.She wanted me to do a degree that pays the most money.It seems that success is more important than happiness.And I have lost out on that happiness.
Reply 1
Get your **** together OP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending