The Student Room Group

What should I do about this girl? Please help

I am friends with a girl who I consider a good friend. I had feelings for her and I told her (6-7 months ago) but she said she has a bf and she loves him etc.

I said ok don't worry and after about a week, we were both talking like normal again.

She is pretty much the only female friend I am close with.

I have some issues which I am struggling with

1. She has lots of guy friends. (I'm sure most of them like her) And they always give her attention and I am sure she likes it. I get very jealous when I see her talking to her guy friends and not with me

2. I still like her. My feelings never stopped. I just sort of accepted I could never be with her but stayed friends. And it does hurt sometimes. But I don't want to cut her out of my life.

3. I care more than her. I get upset easily when it comes to her. I can't say no to her. I don't like when we argue.

4. When we do argue about anything, it really messes me up. I can't think straight. I get so upset so easily and it really ruins my whole mood and I hate it.

5. Recently she has made more guy friends and she is always talking to them and I feel left out sometimes. I can't say to her I feel jealous but it really gets to me :/

6. Last year we were much closer. She didn't have many guy friends last year and we talked a lot more and we were mostly together in uni.

So yeah.. I am really upset about the whole thing. Sometimes I just sit and think about her all day.

I hate feeling like this. I FEEL helpless.

Has anyone ever felt like this before?

What are my options?

How can I change?

Please help? :/
Reply 1
woah.
well it's not great for you right now, is it?
Don't worry though! You're definitely not the first guy to be in this situation.
The feelings? They're going to have to be ignored; she has a boyfriend.
Feeling jealous? Ask her to do stuff, give a fair bits notice, if you were close, that's going to be cool with her, and it'll get you closer... if that's what you want (you'll be closer to the girl you like, but you still won't be with her!)
Don't overthink it, man. It'll turn out all good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by believeteam22

Has anyone ever felt like this before?

What are my options?

How can I change?

Please help? :/

Yes I have been in this situation.

Your options are either carry on as you are and keep feeling like this or decide to take control of the situation and cut contact with her completely and find a new girl.

You can change by learning from this mistake and making it clear you like a girl before becoming friends.

No problem.
I'd say reduce the amount of times your seeing her, maybe play distant, hang around with some other friends.
Your just torturing yourself and who knows, maybe once you stop giving her attention she'll start chasing you? Life's funny like that.
Reply 4
I would distance myself from her. There are girls out there who just love to have lots of useful male "friends" who they can call upon when it suits them and they keep them in a file called LJBF...lets just be friends. Sometimes they are without blame and just have lots of male friends but sometimes they are simply scheming users.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending