The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Will I get into Edinburgh university

Hello all!

Just a quick consensus of what you all think of my chances of getting into Edinburgh uni! I have an HNC B in a related subject for the course I'm applying for. Don't have many highers because I sucked at school but all that is mentioned in my really good personal statement. I've got loads of work and life experience on top of that. I'm applying for Politics by the way. What do you reckon my chances are?
It really depends on the university tbh
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
From a purely academic outlook, your chances aren't great as Edinburgh generally searches for students with As. Also a lack of typical qualifications isn't a bad thing normally IF they were never attempted. If you did attempt highers and performed poorly it reflects worse than never attempting them at all. That being said if the rest of your application is strong such as your reference and personal statement and you have relevant work experience, you probably stand a pretty good chance. I wish you all the best of luck, when I applied it was with non-typical qualifications as well and I was very nervous about it but I got in, so keep positive!

Original post by Ryan4312
Hello all!

Just a quick consensus of what you all think of my chances of getting into Edinburgh uni! I have an HNC B in a related subject for the course I'm applying for. Don't have many highers because I sucked at school but all that is mentioned in my really good personal statement. I've got loads of work and life experience on top of that. I'm applying for Politics by the way. What do you reckon my chances are?
Reply 3
Original post by bayernmunich
From a purely academic outlook, your chances aren't great as Edinburgh generally searches for students with As. Also a lack of typical qualifications isn't a bad thing normally IF they were never attempted. If you did attempt highers and performed poorly it reflects worse than never attempting them at all. That being said if the rest of your application is strong such as your reference and personal statement and you have relevant work experience, you probably stand a pretty good chance. I wish you all the best of luck, when I applied it was with non-typical qualifications as well and I was very nervous about it but I got in, so keep positive!

Fingers crossed for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending