The Student Room Group

Girls - what is a real man?

Scroll to see replies

Someone who wears pink, apparently
Original post by vortex_199
I wish you luck too. MRA is a female repellent.

I'm not a MRA, I'm someone who values and desires debate. Your kind of arch-feminist, as you have aptly demonstrated, does not tolerate any contravention of her own opinions. It would be most useful to repel this sort of woman. Fortunately you are wrong to suggest that all women are so intolerant of opposition.
Original post by Birkenhead
I'm not a MRA, I'm someone who values and desires debate. Your kind of arch-feminist, as you have aptly demonstrated, does not tolerate any contravention of her own opinions. It would be most useful to repel this sort of woman. Fortunately you are wrong to suggest that all women are so intolerant of opposition.

You are an MRA, because you took offence to a simple comment about MRA's and then fabricated a whole scenario in your head about how I dislike debate. You became angry over a one-liner and made a series of assumptions, based on your sensitivities. Classic MRA.

I've never liked militant feminists, but MRA's are a lot worse in my opinion. At least with the militant feminists you can see where they are coming from, from a historical point of view. MRA's just seemed to be really cheesed off that they weren't born a century ago, when they were the 'top dogs', no questions asked.
You are an MRA, because you took offence to a simple comment about MRA's and then fabricated a whole scenario in your head about how I dislike debate. You became angry over a one-liner and made a series of assumptions, based on your sensitivities. Classic MRA.

I am not the one making assumptions. The veiled implication on your part was that any resistance to contemporary feminism was 'MRA' and no man with the opinion that sexism against males was a possibility was worthy of the title 'real man'. Like any other intelligent, sane human being I think this is a poisonously intolerant way of thinking. I imagine true feminists who desire true gender equality would be especially offended and it is darkly ironic that anyone speaking like this would call themselves a feminist. Any reasonable person accepts that 'reverse sexism' is entirely possible and trying to shame men by calling them MRAs and rejecting their status as 'real men' because they disagree with your point of view is pitiably childish more than anything else, and it is reasonable to conclude that your opinions are so stubbornly fixed that you are incapable of calm debate on this issue, resorting instead to bullying others to your point of view.

Here is the discussion again, since you seemed to have forgotten it since:

Any man who is not a whining MRA and is not paranoid about reverse feminism has the potential to be a 'real man'

A woman who knows that her place is in the kitchen and keeps quiet during intellectual debates has the potential to be a 'real woman'

...is the equivalent of this ridiculous tripe. The being said, I wish you well on your romantic quest for a man who doesn't ever challenge your opinions.

Ooh man vs woman MRA sob story. White, straight males have life so hard these days with all this talk of rights for everyone. Not like the good old days when women just stayed in the kitchen. *Sob*.

With this kind of poisonous attitude problem, may I wish you the best of luck in getting any desirable men to stick around you for long at all.

I've never liked militant feminists, but MRA's are a lot worse in my opinion. At least with the militant feminists you can see where they are coming from, from a historical point of view. MRA's just seemed to be really cheesed off that they weren't born a century ago, when they were the 'top dogs', no questions asked.

You are revealing yourself to be a deeply bitter individual. It is fortunate that in most of TSRs threads on feminism, most of the participants from both sides do not display this kind of prejudice and personal vindictiveness.
I am not the one making assumptions. The veiled implication on your part was that any resistance to contemporary feminism was 'MRA' and no man with the opinion that sexism against males was a possibility was worthy of the title 'real man'. Like any other intelligent, sane human being I think this is a poisonously intolerant way of thinking. I imagine true feminists who desire true gender equality would be especially offended and it is darkly ironic that anyone speaking like this would call themselves a feminist. Any reasonable person accepts that 'reverse sexism' is entirely possible and trying to shame men by calling them MRAs and rejecting their status as 'real men' because they disagree with your point of view is pitiably childish more than anything else, and it is reasonable to conclude that your opinions are so stubbornly fixed that you are incapable of calm debate on this issue, resorting instead to bullying others to your point of view.

Here is the discussion again, since you seemed to have forgotten it since:

You are revealing yourself to be a deeply bitter individual. It is fortunate that in most of TSRs threads on feminism, most of the participants from both sides do not display this kind of prejudice and personal vindictiveness.

Of course reverse sexism is possible, though far less probable than the MRA's will have you believe. Paranoia about it is what I mentioned in my first post. Obviously you were too sensitive to properly read or understand this. Paranoia about sexism against women, racism and homophobia are unhealthy, but are at least based on historical prejudices, though they should still be curbed. Paranoia about reverse sexism is something only experienced by men with huge chips on their shoulders.

As it stands, we still live in a world where sexism against women is rampant. So when a man finds it necessary to have an excessive rant about MRA issues, it's hard to associate him with a 'real man'. It only displays his desire to preserve the status he has always held in society, keep the privileges he was handed for nothing more than being male and almost bar progression. It's taking 'first world problems' to another level.

As you are the one finding things 'darkly ironic', 'personally vindictive', 'pitiably childish', as well as other flowerly adjectives used- practically throwing a hissy fit over your own interpretation of my one-line answer, it seems that you are the one incapable of calm debate. Seriously, loosen up a little.
Reply 45
Someone who has showed you their every side. Including crying like a baby at 5am cuz they watched a sad film.
x

x

Fight fight fight kiss kiss
Reply 47
Original post by Temporality
Gossip and ladies magazines are for retards and I hope you are not associating them with womanhood because some of the female gender are at the mental level where we can see those past times for what they are - vapid.

And to answer your question I frequently fall in love with gay friends that have a feminine side due to their respect for women, their sensitivity and their lateral perception of the world.... so yes, women can fancy feminine men. We don't all want to jump into bed with the guy on the cover of Men's health.

Good god point out where I said women can't fall in love with feminine men. Seriously wtf. The topic was on MANLY MEN and what is associated with them. If you fall in love with your gay friends then so be it, I don't care, calm your V.
Frankenstein's monster is the most real of men. Save for him, everyone had just been an incestuous bunch of people descended from a man and his rib.
Reply 49
I wish you luck too. MRA is a female repellent.

You give feminism a bad name with your s​exist remarks against men
Original post by WeedCanKill
kiss kiss

I would sooner induce explosive diarrhoea and lock myself in a zero-gravity chamber.
A man is a male human i.e. he has XY chromosomes.
I would sooner induce explosive diarrhoea and lock myself in a zero-gravity chamber.

Playing hard to get only works when it's the ladies doing it I'm afraid.
Original post by The Juan
Good god point out where I said women can't fall in love with feminine men. Seriously wtf. The topic was on MANLY MEN and what is associated with them. If you fall in love with your gay friends then so be it, I don't care, calm your V.

The topic is on real men. Not manly men.
Reply 54
Original post by Anonymous
The topic is on real men. Not manly men.

No my topic was on MANLY MEN, you jumped into a conversation which you were not involved in. It works on the basis a real man is considered a MANLY MAN. Get with it seriously.
a good lover always helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending