The Student Room Group

No skills tests available

Hi, I have to have passed the test before the course starts but there are no courses available. Will more come available as non are up to February then no more are on the site.
Thank you
More should come available!
Thank You
Original post by AimeeGleek123
Hi, I have to have passed the test before the course starts but there are no courses available. Will more come available as non are up to February then no more are on the site.
Thank you

Could you not travel to another centre near you?
Original post by Shelly_x
Could you not travel to another centre near you?

no there are non available:frown:
Are you looking on PearsonVue or LearnDirect? Because I kept checking PearsonVue for ages and they've changed providers to LearnDirect!
Reply 6
I am in the same boat nothing available within 100 miles ( Or anywhere else I have checked) for the next 3 months! not sure what to do, I have phoned Learn Direct who will not take bookings over the phone and can only suggest I keep checking the website for cancellations. I check several times a day and every time a new date is listed available it is already fully booked.
I'm having the same problem. No appointments between now and the end of February. Maybe it's something to do with the change of providers?
I am having the same problem :frown:

I checked at 12.20am before going to bed and the next day had been listed but no availability. I am not sure what time the new date goes live but I will be checking regularly all this evening.

I need to be booked on one before my interview on 11th December as that is one of the criteria of the interview. Although I suppose there is not really much I can do about it if I literally cannot get booked in!!!

Fingers crossed for some availability soon.
I am on the exit course and need to take my literacy skills test ASAP with LearnDirect. Everything booked over the next three months apart from 27th of Dec but I really don't want the stress over christmas. I am looking to book the test of February half term - apparently nothing available! When I booked my maths last year with Pearson they had SO many dates available and booking was not a problem! Why is there no dates for Learndirect? This is a joke. I will phone Monday but this is seriously starting to stress me out now. Surely not everyone is booking these dates the moment they become available?!
You may go another centre or Its may be online centres will help you. Keep it up your try.
I have had the same problem. Was told it would be fine on 1st December but no improvement. How they are running the tests is a joke. When I called up the guy said they had been having calls all day about it. I got an email address for someone who apparently manages the appointments. Will let you know if I hear more.
Reply 12
Original post by MonkeyAllan
I have had the same problem. Was told it would be fine on 1st December but no improvement. How they are running the tests is a joke. When I called up the guy said they had been having calls all day about it. I got an email address for someone who apparently manages the appointments. Will let you know if I hear more.

I also got told that everything would be fine on the 1st! The lady also told me that there would be more available but it's still the same :frown: I can't believe they are fully booked. How many sessions are they running a day? one?
I have been sat refreshing my laptop and yet as soon as it updates at midnight, with the following day, there are no appointments!! How can that be?

I have been lucky enough that someone has cancelled a slot at Liverpool for Saturday so I have booked onto that one, although I am worried about failing with so little time to revise.

Government cutting corners as usual and going with a cheaper option that doesn't work!!! If it works, break it. Seems to be this governments motto!
Will it possible to give online exam, there are such kind of online sites available though which you can get pass the exam.
It is will come more in future.

If it works, break it. Seems to be this governments motto!

LOL :biggrin:

I have given up waiting and have booked into a Skills test in Brighton which is miles away. Am treating it as a family day out!
I'm also booked for Brighton. It happens to be the nearest to me but they appear to only set the tests on one day every three weeks! Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but there clearly aren't enough test spaces to meet demand!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I have to pass my tests by April but there's no available slots within 50 miles over the next 3 months! Seems to be a common occurrence why are they so few and far between?!!
Original post by Nadeen23
I have to pass my tests by April but there's no available slots within 50 miles over the next 3 months! Seems to be a common occurrence why are they so few and far between?!!

Negotiate longer to do them :smile:
Original post by Nadeen23

Winchester were quite understanding when I explained the situation to them. I would hope your uni would be too. Where are you going?

I would recommend booking something, even if it's 100 miles away, as you can rebook if something better comes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending