The Student Room Group

My mum invited 'him' for Christmas

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, I'd take it on yourself to uninvite him if I was you! You're clearly uncomfortable with it (I would be, too!), so I'd talk to him about it. There's no need to pussyfoot around him for fear of hurting his feelings or anything: I'm sure he'll understand that Christmas is a family affair, and you'd be uncomfortable with having him there this early in the relationship.
Let me get this right. So you're upset because your mum invited your boyfriend over for Christmas?

Wow.
Original post by sherlockfan
Let me get this right. So you're upset because your mum invited your boyfriend over for Christmas?

Wow.

If I'd only been seeing someone for "a few dates", I'd definitely be uncomfortable with my family inviting them over for Christmas with my other 10+ family members...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get drunk, it'll solve everything.
I think it's really weird that he agreed to this. I nearly had a meltdown when I had to go and spend Boxing Day with my boyfriend of a year and his family. Maybe he felt like he had to say yes and if you talk to him he'll be happy to back out? I would try and gauge the situation and then if you can tell he's not keen just uninvite him. If he is, for some inexplicable reason, keen I guess you'll have to just endure it and drink lots of alcohol.
Original post by Amy04
I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a feeling a few people will say get over it but I just want some advice.

I am seeing a new guy, we haven't done anything except go for a few drinks. He is lovely and a friend for two years before we decided to give it a go.

My mum bumped into him the other day and amongst chatting said come spend Christmas with us, he said yes and I can't uninvite him but this is my family, and some of them will turn this into something it isn't, and others will just probably scare him off.

Its so stupid, would anyone else feel a bit like this? :lolwut:

I just think its all a bit soon!

Hes staying over aswell, no idea where as we have 13 others and my bed has already been taken. But my mum says oh its fineeeeee... ah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

who wants to invite me for Christmas?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
If I'd only been seeing someone for "a few dates", I'd definitely be uncomfortable with my family inviting them over for Christmas with my other 10+ family members...

Posted from TSR Mobile

She said they'd been friends for two years. I dont see the problem. Some people this year may not be having a Christmas at all.
Original post by SophieSmall

Good general life advice.
Reply 28
Original post by SophieSmall

This is my plan, get drunk, him drunk and just enjoy it, and hope he doesn't remember anything the next day :yep:

He has to meet them at some point.. if hes sticking around!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amy04
This is my plan, get drunk, him drunk and just enjoy it, and hope he doesn't remember anything the next day :yep:

He has to meet them at some point.. if hes sticking around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

trust me I understand! I'm sure it'll be grand though :smile: have a good Christmas
You've been friends for 2 years. Has he not met the family already?
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Well your mother's a bit pushy. And why would he even say yes?!

Pissing off the gfs mother is not a good start...
Original post by TurboCretin
That's the spirit.

(Bodom tish)

They won't let me rep you! :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending