The Student Room Group

how to stop receiving email notifications for EVERY POST

:tongue:

Sorry I'm just finding it annoying that I have about 2000 emails in my inbox now and can't remember how get rid of them!

Many thanks :smile:
omg yes!- so annoying
What platform are you using? cause if you're using the app, you just need to click the blue arrow and then click notifications and click no notification

If you're using the PC, it's a bit more complicated although that may be my fault as I've never figured out the easy way but if you click the star in the watch button, you'll unwatch the thread and if you click it again, you'll be given a choice and just click the drop down and press notification and ok, I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
What platform are you using? cause if you're using the app, you just need to click the blue arrow and then click notifications and click no notification

If you're using the PC, it's a bit more complicated although that may be my fault as I've never figured out the easy way but if you click the star in the watch button, you'll unwatch the thread and if you click it again, you'll be given a choice and just click the drop down and press notification and ok, I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm being a bit awkward, want to watch the thread, but not receive all of its notifications? :tongue:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I'm being a bit awkward, want to watch the thread, but not receive all of its notifications? :tongue:

You're still watching the thread. It's still in your watch list but you're not receiving the notifications if you do this unless they quote but they only appear in the notification tab in the PC website not in your inbox.

Although, if you wanted to at least keep track of it without being overwhelmed by e-mails, you could try the daily or weekly notification instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
You're still watching the thread. It's still in your watch list but you're not receiving the notifications if you do this unless they quote but they only appear in the notification tab in the PC website not in your inbox.

Although, if you wanted to at least keep track of it without being overwhelmed by e-mails, you could try the daily or weekly notification instead.

I set it to weekly and it updates constantly!

ahh I get you, thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It's something like (I'll check in a minute!) click on 'manage watched threads' in the list at the bottom of your homepage, and then there's a row of boxes down the side of the threads. If you select all on them and go down to the bottom you can change them all to daily, weekly, never or whatever.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I set it to weekly and it updates constantly!

ahh I get you, thanks :smile:

Maybe that happens because you're watching so many threads,so even if you set one thread on weekly, you'll still receive the weekly updates from other threads because unless you set them all at the same day, you'll receive the weekly update at diff days.(?)

Okay, I'm confused. 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I managed to turn this off a while ago. Remembering how...

I think it's something to do with managing the watched threads, and you change it to how often you want notifications, and what you want the emails for too.
Reply 9
After you've changed the settings, you still get emails for the threads you subscribed to prior to you changing the settings. You can go and unsubscribe from each individual thread, but I didn't do that, so very occasionally I get an email telling me about some ancient thread someone posted in. But it's going back 3+ years now for me so they've mostly subsided.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending