The Student Room Group

Can I have some advice on choosing my A-levels please?

Hi, I'm really starting to worry now because I have only 11 days until the applications for my 6 form close for next year (I'm in year 11). I don't have much of an idea what to pick at the minuet and I would appreciate some advise from lots of different people

I'm thinking I want to maybe become a sports journalist (I'm really into sport especially rugby due to have a season ticket at Leicester Tigers for 11 years) and it's something that I wouldn't mind doing, also maybe something else to do with sport (and if all else fails, train driver������)
These are my current grades for gcse; Maths A, English C (probably to low for Aleavel so probably not good for becoming journalist), GCSE PE C, French C, History C, chemistry A, biology A and physics A

That's it i guess, as I said I appreciate a variety of advice and if anyone is willing to private message me after replying to this thread or whatever, I just need help because I'm stressing huge mounts!
Thank you very much!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MatthewGretton
Hi, I'm really starting to worry now because I have only 11 days until the applications for my 6 form close for next year (I'm in year 11). I don't have much of an idea what to pick at the minuet and I would appreciate some advise from lots of different people

I'm thinking I want to maybe become a sports journalist (I'm really into sport especially rugby due to have a season ticket at Leicester Tigers for 11 years) and it's something that I wouldn't mind doing, also maybe something else to do with sport (and if all else fails, train driver������)
These are my current grades for gcse; Maths A, English C (probably to low for Aleavel so probably not good for becoming journalist), GCSE PE C, French C, History C, chemistry A, biology A and physics A

That's it i guess, as I said I appreciate a variety of advice and if anyone is willing to private message me after replying to this thread or whatever, I just need help because I'm stressing huge mounts!
Thank you very much!

It depends on what you want to study at uni and become in life. I will personally take the subjects i like and am good at because it will mean less stress because you will be motivated to do well and enjoy studying your subjects.
Original post by German123
It depends on what you want to study at uni and become in life. I will personally take the subjects i like and am good at because it will mean less stress because you will be motivated to do well and enjoy studying your subjects.

Yeah, it's just that I really don't know what I want to become or study at uni :/
Original post by MatthewGretton
Yeah, it's just that I really don't know what I want to become or study at uni :/

Hmmm..Think about what you are good at and enjoy.
Back when I applied for 6th Form we were told to try and do a core subject, an essay based subject and then subjects you enjoy. Or if you know what you want to do later/area to go into, take a look at general requirements that those degrees have, i.e. an art/design A Level to do Foundation Art.

Quick Reply

Latest