The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth 2015

Last week I received an unconditional offer to study Biochemistry at Aberystwyth starting September 2015. I am probably going to accept the offer soon.

I was just wondering who else has applied/ received/ accepted offers from Aber to begin next September?

Also, if you've thought about it - what accommodation are you looking at and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have accepted an offer for Psychology. Accommodation wise, I am looking at Rosser and the seafront residences.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by Idw18
I have accepted an offer for Psychology. Accommodation wise, I am looking at Rosser and the seafront residences.

Ah, that's awesome!
I am looking at Pentre Jane Morgan and Rosser as well.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received an offer to study Human Geography - going to wait until the applicant visit day when I can see the accommodation again to decide!
Reply 4
Original post by StudentAnon1
I have received an offer to study Human Geography - going to wait until the applicant visit day when I can see the accommodation again to decide!

That's great, congrats!
I fell in love with Aberystwyth and the University as soon as I got there on the open day. I quite like the accommodation on offer too. I can't wait for the visit day!
Got an offer for Zoology ^_^ Still undecided about it, though.
Reply 6
Original post by OutAtStarlight
Got an offer for Zoology ^_^ Still undecided about it, though.

That's great! Why undecided though, if you don't mind my asking?
Original post by JDaveOH
That's great! Why undecided though, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks ^_^ I'm not sure tbh :/ Aberystwyth was going to be my insurance, but the offer I got was higher than I was expecting, so now I dunno what to do. Plus it would be cheaper to stay here in Wales, but I don't really want to stay here lol :P
Reply 8
Original post by OutAtStarlight
Thanks ^_^ I'm not sure tbh :/ Aberystwyth was going to be my insurance, but the offer I got was higher than I was expecting, so now I dunno what to do. Plus it would be cheaper to stay here in Wales, but I don't really want to stay here lol :P

Oh I see :O It's still good news to have an offer though right? I was so happy receiving mine. Hopefully you'll work something out! Good luck!
Original post by JDaveOH
Oh I see :O It's still good news to have an offer though right? I was so happy receiving mine. Hopefully you'll work something out! Good luck!

I'm thrilled I got an offer :biggrin: It's my first one too ^_^ I hope so! Thank you :smile:
Original post by JDaveOH
That's great, congrats!
I fell in love with Aberystwyth and the University as soon as I got there on the open day. I quite like the accommodation on offer too. I can't wait for the visit day!

Thank you, I was very pleased! Is anyone thinking about applying for the new accommodation, Fferm Penglais? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by StudentAnon1
Thank you, I was very pleased! Is anyone thinking about applying for the new accommodation, Fferm Penglais? :smile:

I have thought about Fferm Penglais but it's quite expensive compared to the other halls. I guess on applicant visit day it will be worth having another look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a conditional offer for International politics yesterday. Can anyone tell me the halls nearest the Uni itself, I couldn't go to the original open- day due to me living in London and the long distance and travel cost :/
Reply 13
Original post by Mr Longbottom
I got a conditional offer for International politics yesterday. Can anyone tell me the halls nearest the Uni itself, I couldn't go to the original open- day due to me living in London and the long distance and travel cost :/

Most of the halls are located on the University Campus itself. Besides that, the other accommodation is all very close to the University anyway - albeit down the bottom of a very steep hill :tongue:

Have a look at the website for a good idea of the accommodation on offer!
http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/accommodation/types-accommodation/
Thanks dude 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying to Strategic Studies MA, let s see how it goes :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by NicolaUmea
Applying to Strategic Studies MA, let s see how it goes :smile:

Good luck!
Conditional for International Politics came through today :smile: Need an A in history. I am worried though as I also found out my best History teacher basically said bugger it and decided to never teach again today :/
Reply 18
Original post by BBrotherwood
Conditional for International Politics came through today :smile: Need an A in history. I am worried though as I also found out my best History teacher basically said bugger it and decided to never teach again today :/

Ah, congratulations on the offer!
Not a good situation to be in, but if you've been predicted an A or even a B then it's likely you'll achieve the A with hard work. Good luck!
I've had a conditional offer to study Bsc Geography (F800)

Quick Reply

Latest