The Student Room Group

Who is Applying or Starting Physiotherapy in 2007??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Bugger. :frown: Got rejected by Southampton - very disappointed as I made the mistake of having my heart set on them. I'll have to not let it get to me too much, I've got my interview for Nottingham rearranged for next Wednesday, any mistakes I feel I made in the interview I'll try not to make in the future ones. I'll be happy if I end up in any of my other remaining choices, so no need to get too upset. :cool:
Reply 61
EskimoJo
Bugger. :frown: Got rejected by Southampton - very disappointed as I made the mistake of having my heart set on them. I'll have to not let it get to me too much, I've got my interview for Nottingham rearranged for next Wednesday, any mistakes I feel I made in the interview I'll try not to make in the future ones. I'll be happy if I end up in any of my other remaining choices, so no need to get too upset. :cool:

sorr to hear that - its not nice to be rejected by your fav choice I know. But just remember, it only takes one offer!
Reply 62
Well, I already have an offer. It's from Coventry though and I'm not hearing very nice things about the city/Uni (although it's not actually the students that go there saying this). I am a bit biased towards Coventry because I had a nice personal experience there when I went to my first open day. I went to another open day with my twin brother and older sister to get a second (and third!) opinion, and they both thought it was nice. But the Uni hasn't got the reputation of a Nottingham or even a Southampton and one of the students I spoke to at the open day got in with a C in biology! :eek:
With the job situation the way it is right now, it's probably more important now than ever to get a degree from the 'right' Uni. :confused:
Reply 63
EskimoJo
Well, I already have an offer. It's from Coventry though and I'm not hearing very nice things about the city/Uni (although it's not actually the students that go there saying this). I am a bit biased towards Coventry because I had a nice personal experience there when I went to my first open day. I went to another open day with my twin brother and older sister to get a second (and third!) opinion, and they both thought it was nice. But the Uni hasn't got the reputation of a Nottingham or even a Southampton and one of the students I spoke to at the open day got in with a C in biology! :eek:
With the job situation the way it is right now, it's probably more important now than ever to get a degree from the 'right' Uni. :confused:

I got C in biology :wink: lol but admittedly I did do another degree so that probably outweighed it haha!

I don't think there is such a thing as the "right" uni for pysiotherapy. The course structure varies considerably form uni to uni and therefore it makes it hard to truely compare students from one to another. Trust me, as some who has made this mistake before, it is more important to go to a uni that you feel suits your learning style and personality the best, than a uni that is perceived to be better by others. Your'e the one that has to spend 3 years there..............you'll do better at a uni you like than a uni you put up with for the sake of it
Reply 64
JackieS
I got C in biology :wink: lol but admittedly I did do another degree so that probably outweighed it haha!

I don't think there is such a thing as the "right" uni for pysiotherapy. The course structure varies considerably form uni to uni and therefore it makes it hard to truely compare students from one to another. Trust me, as some who has made this mistake before, it is more important to go to a uni that you feel suits your learning style and personality the best, than a uni that is perceived to be better by others. Your'e the one that has to spend 3 years there..............you'll do better at a uni you like than a uni you put up with for the sake of it

Another C in biology here:wink: !! I also did another degree so I also think that outweighed the A-levels!! But saying that when I got my A-levels in 1998 (showing my age here!) B's and C's were acceptable grades to get into physio....it's only now that A levels are so easy that you all get A's....LOL, just kidding!:p:

There is definatley no thing as the right uni for physio- if there was there wouldn't be thousands of unemployed physio's all over the country! It really makes no difference other than you might get a job through being on a placement in a hospital in that area if a job came up when you graduate, but saying that with 300-400 applications per job it makes little difference!
Reply 65
Good advice. Cheers! :smile:
Reply 66
EskimoJo

I went to cov uni so know the place well!!!the thing about coventry is you have to be with the right people to have a good time there, the city is a bit crap and has a reputation for violence and being dull but the uni is very good and the physio course is 'one of the best' but as jackie said its how you learn that should determine where you choose your course, i went to Georges and not cov because i learn practically which is what Georges offers, cov is more a theory based university and it didnt suit my learning style.
Reply 67
Hey Guys!

I'm a mature student, currently working as an Assistant and have applied for Entry to the following uni's!

1: Cardiff
2: Bristol (Interview This Morning)
3: Coventry (@Leicester Campus) (Unconditional Offer)
4: Manchester (Interview in December)
5: Sheffield (Declined an Interview in December)
6: Southampton (Not Accepted)

ANyway, My question is this: I was lucky enough to get 4 of my 5 responses in the space of 4 days at the start of November, with Bristol letting me know at the start of December. Does anyone have any idea Cardiff are likely to take to respond? I've heared they take a while but didn't think they would take this long? Also do they interview?

Thanks in advance and good luck with your Applications!
Reply 68
Supachipz
Hey Guys!

I'm a mature student, currently working as an Assistant and have applied for Entry to the following uni's!

1: Cardiff
2: Bristol (Interview This Morning)
3: Coventry (@Leicester Campus) (Unconditional Offer)
4: Manchester (Interview in December)
5: Sheffield (Declined an Interview in December)
6: Southampton (Not Accepted)

ANyway, My question is this: I was lucky enough to get 4 of my 5 responses in the space of 4 days at the start of November, with Bristol letting me know at the start of December. Does anyone have any idea Cardiff are likely to take to respond? I've heared they take a while but didn't think they would take this long? Also do they interview?

Thanks in advance and good luck with your Applications!
i think Cardiff do interview - as for responses, well your lucky to have heard so quickly. You can be waiting any time up till about June for a reply from your remaining choice as thats the deadline for uni replies. KCL made me wait until June before they rejected me
Reply 69
Hi all!

Just joined these forums - I'm a mature student who (subject to a B grade in Human Biology) will be starting at St George's this autumn. Did the interview this Wednesday and got the offer through via the tracking chunk of UCAS by the next evening - so chuffed as George's was my first choice.

Applied to King's, Brunel, UEL and Southampton as well, plus a sports rehab course at St Mary's but that was only a safety net in case I didn't get physio offers.

Looks like I may meet some of you at George's!
Reply 70
iainmacn
Hi all!

Just joined these forums - I'm a mature student who (subject to a B grade in Human Biology) will be starting at St George's this autumn. Did the interview this Wednesday and got the offer through via the tracking chunk of UCAS by the next evening - so chuffed as George's was my first choice.

Applied to King's, Brunel, UEL and Southampton as well, plus a sports rehab course at St Mary's but that was only a safety net in case I didn't get physio offers.

Looks like I may meet some of you at George's!

welcome to the george's family lol
Reply 71
Thanks Jackie - can't wait to get started - eight months to wait though :redface:(
Reply 72
iainmacn
Thanks Jackie - can't wait to get started - eight months to wait though :redface:(

trust me - it'll be gone before you know it!
Reply 73
hey!
i have just joined these forums, found them through google and had a look and thought i'd join because you all sound like nice people :smile: who can get me through physio! i am applying to physio for 2007, i have applied to:

1. teesside (my home uni)
2. northumbria
3. sheffield hallam
4. liverpool
5. york st john
6. huddersfield

I have offers from teesside, northumbria and sheffield hallam. I was rejected by liverpool and york st john (gutted :frown: ). I am still waiting to hear from huddersfield, is this normal to wait this long?? i havent even had an interview yet? does this mean i have been rejected? :confused: :frown: any advice would be greatly appriaciated :biggrin:

I am studying at college biology, psychology and pe. Thanks for reading :smile:

Mary x
Reply 74
maryb
hey!
i have just joined these forums, found them through google and had a look and thought i'd join because you all sound like nice people :smile: who can get me through physio! i am applying to physio for 2007, i have applied to:

1. teesside (my home uni)
2. northumbria
3. sheffield hallam
4. liverpool
5. york st john
6. huddersfield

I have offers from teesside, northumbria and sheffield hallam. I was rejected by liverpool and york st john (gutted :frown: ). I am still waiting to hear from huddersfield, is this normal to wait this long?? i havent even had an interview yet? does this mean i have been rejected? :confused: :frown: any advice would be greatly appriaciated :biggrin:

I am studying at college biology, psychology and pe. Thanks for reading :smile:

Mary x

see my answer to your other post!
hiyaa guyss ive jus had a letter from sheffield hallam asking me to ring and arrange an interview i was just wondering what there interview process is like??is it a 1 on 1 with the interviewer or isit a group discussion style interview??what is the quickest route from london to sheffield?anyone else been to a sheffield hallam for an interview?how was it?what where your impressions of the uni and the people?thankss
Reply 76
JackieS
i think Cardiff do interview - as for responses, well your lucky to have heard so quickly. You can be waiting any time up till about June for a reply from your remaining choice as thats the deadline for uni replies. KCL made me wait until June before they rejected me

my first choice is cardiff too, and i havnt heard anything yet...wish they'd get a move on!!
Reply 77
I got an Unconditional offer from Cardiff on Friday, so they must be at some point in the decision process currently! I was told they interview, but I am a Mature Student so maybe the decision process is different!

I also got a Place at Manchester and Bristol on Saturday and Monday respectivly after having interviews if that helps anyone waiting for any decisions!
Reply 78
Anyone going to the open day at King's tomorrow?

Assuming I like the place tomorrow, it'll be my second place after St George's. So much to do - med forms, hep B etc etc etc!
Reply 79
Hey

Im a first year physio at sheffield hallam, i applied late so only had a phone interview but that was really informal. My friends that had interviews last year said they had group and one to one interviews but both of them were quite informal. I have got a feeling that they have done the bulk of interviewing already so you never know you might get a phone interview like me. The easiest way from london is to get a midland mainline train from St Prancas station which goes strainght to sheffield in about 3 1/2 hours and if booked in advance you can get it for £7 one way. The course is really good and the lectures are so friendly and the best bit is there is no written exams in the whole three years. Sheffield is an awesome place and is right on the peak district so if you want to get away from city life you can in 5 min. If you want to know more just let me know.

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest