The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dealt with the whole awkward race remarks from grandparents thing when I went out with my first boyf so that was a bit off putting....but would never rule out a whole race because of it! (I'm black)

Tend to go for white men just because there are more around me but I also love brown skin too :colone: Not bothered by this whole 'carrying on the race rubbish', you fancy who you fancy.
Original post by Espeon196
Are you sure you don't find Punjabi Indians attractive at all? That means not a single person you find attractive. Not even Hrithik Roshan?

Chances are you'll end up marrying an Indian man. Usually the ones that say 'I won't' end up doing it.

What traditions are they that you dislike practicing and can't see yourself practicing these after marriage?

I also agree I don't like a lot of their attitudes and have seen that a lot of them claim entitlement.

I don't find that the Indians I know are like you described. I find my other Indian friends fully integrated and no one uses Gujarati/Hindi words in sentences.

Not A SINGLE ONE I have come across so far. Lol saying I find Hrikthik Roshan attractive is like saying Ashwirya rai represents the appearance of all indian women, it's a rarity to look like that amongst indians so my view on him would irrelevant.

Oh please c'mon! marry one? with an attitude like mine, they hate me. It's not that I am directly pointing out their faults but I am too 'whitewashed' for them but I think the term is open minded.

It's not so much 'traditions' as I put it as such, but more like certain procedures you should carry out in order to maintain respect and most of these are directed at women. For example if guests come over, make sure you run around doing things so you don't look like you just sit there, 'no one wants to marry that'.... it's pathetic and ridiculous and I don't see that happening in caucasian families. That is not the best example but you get many of these things and they increase by the time you get married and more after you get married.

I also have a problem with the traditional roles of men and women that still seem to exist is families.Plus a lot of 'tradition' marriages that occur even today consist of a man being the dominant one in the household. It's also supported the parents. Oh I also hate how you have to get married and can't have children out of wedlock...how it's so frowned upon. So what? Some people don't want to get married,I certainly don't, get over it!

Oh yes they are so very entitled.

No not all of them are like that but most I have come across won't seem to go a couple of hours without making an indian joke,or adding a phrase, or start talking full punjabi in lessons.

Also they have their own community, one that I don't exactly fit into (nor would I want to) but it makes me think if i can't fit in with people of my own culture on a social level then I can't possibly marry into a family of indians. Plus I have just had enough of the culture, honestly I'm tired of tip toeing around my own family so I am not going to keep this up when I get married.
Original post by meenu89
You're not the only one. Although my parents were very relaxed about me marrying my now husband. Good luck!

Ah someone who did it :tongue: !! congratulations to you :smile: I wish you the very best x
Original post by diana manuel
It's all Personal I'm white and i don't find white guys attractive don't know why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh but their so hot! :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by Anonynous
I find south asians the most attractive race and I'm not south asian :K:

AK, aren't you around South Asians a lot though?
Original post by arkhamz
The bit in bold does have a bit of truth to it, of course it shouldn't mean that ALL black people are responsible for it. Just like not all muslims are responsible for all the islamism, child rape and grooming gangs. However, taking that into account, it's obvious why some people wouldn't want to date them.

Taking what into account?
Reply 66
''I ain't got no type....bad bitches is the only thing that I like.'' :danceboy:
Original post by tammie123
Taking what into account?

TLDR; It's not surprising that some people don't wish to date certain groups who seem to be disproportionately represented when it comes to crime and other negative behaviours.
Original post by Espeon196
Actually, the sub-Saharan African reigon is the most genetically diverse reigon in terms of human genetics. This has been proven through DNA hybridization. The vast majority of genetic diversity within humans is in represented in black people. For example the largest ethnic group is the Yoruba ethnic group and within West Africa, there is another ethnic group called the Hausa. Hybridizing their DNA will produce a much more distant match then say with me and a Chinese person(I'm Indian).

What if you are Assamese?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im white and I think my race is the most attractive .
I like the slender frame,nice hair,pink skin,thin lips etc.
i also like indians,pakistanis and black girls.
Wouldnt have kids with anyone other than white though because of the culture clash and thr racial genocide that goes with it.
I want my kids to look like me
Original post by Lazy Cynic
What if you are Assamese?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the Assamese people are an ethnic group in India.
Original post by matthewduncan
Im white and I think my race is the most attractive .
I like the slender frame,nice hair,pink skin,thin lips etc.
i also like indians,pakistanis and black girls.
Wouldnt have kids with anyone other than white though because of the culture clash and thr racial genocide that goes with it.
I want my kids to look like me

Huh?
Original post by Anonymous
Not A SINGLE ONE I have come across so far. Lol saying I find Hrikthik Roshan attractive is like saying Ashwirya rai represents the appearance of all indian women, it's a rarity to look like that amongst indians so my view on him would irrelevant.

Oh please c'mon! marry one? with an attitude like mine, they hate me. It's not that I am directly pointing out their faults but I am too 'whitewashed' for them but I think the term is open minded.

It's not so much 'traditions' as I put it as such, but more like certain procedures you should carry out in order to maintain respect and most of these are directed at women. For example if guests come over, make sure you run around doing things so you don't look like you just sit there, 'no one wants to marry that'.... it's pathetic and ridiculous and I don't see that happening in caucasian families. That is not the best example but you get many of these things and they increase by the time you get married and more after you get married.

I also have a problem with the traditional roles of men and women that still seem to exist is families.Plus a lot of 'tradition' marriages that occur even today consist of a man being the dominant one in the household. It's also supported the parents. Oh I also hate how you have to get married and can't have children out of wedlock...how it's so frowned upon. So what? Some people don't want to get married,I certainly don't, get over it!

Oh yes they are so very entitled.

No not all of them are like that but most I have come across won't seem to go a couple of hours without making an indian joke,or adding a phrase, or start talking full punjabi in lessons.

Also they have their own community, one that I don't exactly fit into (nor would I want to) but it makes me think if i can't fit in with people of my own culture on a social level then I can't possibly marry into a family of indians. Plus I have just had enough of the culture, honestly I'm tired of tip toeing around my own family so I am not going to keep this up when I get married.

Haha, that's true. There are always a few exceptions. But I'm still surprised that you don't find any that you've seen attractive.

And maybe you can still marry one. I don't see how you can count a whole ethnicity out based on what you've seen by a few.

I totally agree, I disagree with a lot of our cultural traditions that you are mentioning hence why I have left culture and am focussing on my religion instead. My family seem to have left the culture behind.

To be honest, I also say some Indian jokes occasionally and add some Hindi/Gujarati on top of that.

I also thought I wouldn't be able to fit into the their community before University and was thinking of avoiding them. Now I know loads of Indians.

And you don't have to marry one. No one is forcing you to right?
Original post by arkhamz
TLDR; It's not surprising that some people don't wish to date certain groups who seem to be disproportionately represented when it comes to crime and other negative behaviours.

Ok I see what you mean, and at least you acknowledge that's a disproportionate representation. I think something should be done about educating these prejudiced people, not just do with muslims but also other groups of people like black (,as racism is still very much alive in the UK).
Original post by AnharM
AK, aren't you around South Asians a lot though?

Pretty much. My university is full of south asians.. and the girls are breathtakingly beautiful. Albeit I'm shy and rely on my academics and potential income prospects to get me any girls.
I don't experience this.
Although I do fin guys from my own race attractive (when they are) but I don't find them the most attractive.
I'm Lebanese and sometimes i find Lebanese guys attractive. Generally not though
Original post by arkhamz
Huh?

Basically you dilute your bloodline
Rarely find African boys attractive. Seen a few cute ones in church though
Original post by childofthesun
I'm Lebanese and sometimes i find Lebanese guys attractive. Generally not though

Lebanese guys are hot O.o

Latest

Trending

Trending