The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What are entry requirements for your courses? I think it depends on how many grades you want to go up. I would probably put something about your determination and dissapointment in your personal statement to reiterate that you will do better.
Reply 2
By all means apply this year, but don't expect offers from the high tier unis mentioned (e.g Durham).

Then if you don't get the offers you want this year, take a gap year and reapply for 2008 entry, thats what lots of my friends are doing.
^ I was going to say, if you get A's and you've only offers from the lowest unis, take a gap year =]
Seriously, the one year doesn't make that much difference, you could get some work experience in your future career, earn a bit of cash AND it means that you can get an unconditional offer next year, because you'll have all your solid module grades.
Best of luck. x
Reply 4
Not sure about durham mate, i would not put my as grades on the form if i were you. you can still decline them i think but at a higher price.
Reply 5
What are the grade requirements for the courses you have applied to?
I severely doubt Durham, Newcastle or Exeter will give you offers. If you do well (which I hope you do), take a gap year and reapply :smile:
Reply 7
fjsd
(edited 12 years ago)
you may not get all six offers. i applied to uni with AAA at AS and only recieved 3/6 offers.

the worst thing that could happen would be you having to take a gap year and reapply (especially if you end up with good grades at A2).

isn't the chance of getting As quite slim though? i don't know if you will realistically get an offer from somewhere as top class as durham with your current grades.

P.S. taking a gap year and getting relevant experience will boost your personal statement. and saving up cash for uni/travelling is a great feeling!

Latest

Trending

Trending