The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

obviously joking in previous post.
DONT WORRY. Nottingham interviews are grand.
Reply 21
hahaha! can you imagine the sites theyd see if they actually made you do that!!! In the interview..the practicle things they make you do are they related to veterinary things or just random?
Reply 22
mine are liverpool edinburgh nottingham and bristol!
so excited! i like liverpool best so far, but havent been to see nots (apart from vetsim/six) or edinburgh.
i dont like the sound of this questionnaire... can u stop and then go back to it without losing all info? coz my free periods are only 50 mins long!!

:smile::smile:
Reply 23
No you have to complete it all at once! its best to print the form off.....write down your answers and then go and type them onto the online form! Thats what im doing! Ive visited nottingham it was rlly ncie although unfinished! the student accomodation was excellent! The only down point would be that they dont have any practices on site..you have to use ones they have links with outside of the campus...which may not even be a bad thing!
Reply 24
ahhhh!!! panic! i cant get onto either adresses for the questionnaire!:confused: why???
Reply 25
actually... panic over, im now struggling through it :smile:
Reply 26
good luck! mines gotta be sent back by tuesday and i havent finished it yet! has anyone had a letter of the RVC or Bristol saying they have got their forms?
Reply 27
Finished :biggrin: yahoo! i got an email reply from bristol :smile:

:cool:
Reply 28
ooo... nikki... whats liverpool like to live in? it looked really pretty wen i went ...
:smile:
Reply 29
Its boss! (i no im going to say that but it really is!) theres so much 2 do an the night life is just the best evaaa!!!! All the practices and farms that i have visited have been brilliant and the people have been so friendly and supportive! I hope they let me in cos i wana stay here!!!!! Wa parts av u seen?!
Reply 30
I havent had an email from Bristol and I sent in my ucas on 6th october? do you think i should be worried?!
Reply 31
Nah, wouldnt worry xxnikkixx, I sent mine off 19th September and only got my Bristol email 2 weeks ago so dont worry.

I applied to Bristol, Liverpool, Nottingham and RVC. Got confirmation letter from Liverpool and email from Bristol and got an interview at RVC, aaaarrrggghhh!!! lol. Nearly finished the notts questionnaire! Tis truly evil tho!!!

xxx
Reply 32
haha thats rlly wierd! i have applied to those 4 2! Aw well done! ive found my email from Bristol.....it had been put in my junk emails by hotmail! how stupid! Good luck with the interview prep! did they let you no via ucas or letter? Id love 2 go 2 the RVC i spent a week there when i was in year 11 on a summer school and it was SO GREAT!!!!
Reply 33
Good choices guys- I applied to those four too!! But Liverpool is blatantly the best! Nott interview was not grand by any stretch of the imagination it was ridiculous!
Reply 34
Good luck with the interview prep! did they let you no via ucas or letter?

They let me know via letter, I think UCAS only says when you get offers.

xxx
Reply 35
Btw Nina, why was notts interview so bad?! Im a bit worried now cos I really like the look of Nottingham!
Reply 36
tiny_tiger
Btw Nina, why was notts interview so bad?! Im a bit worried now cos I really like the look of Nottingham!

Sorry don't let my bitterness put you off- the whole place was not my bag of tea from the start!! If you like the look of it you'll put more effort in and be keen from the start, i just wasn't!!

The interview itself had quite a strange set up, (it may be different this year so don't dwell to much on my description) there was a lot of practical stuff and things that required indepth knowledge but they insisted that as long as you showed a logical approach to get an answer then they don't mind whether you're right or wrong!! I think this was a blatant lie all my answers were backed up (i'll admit with some dodgy knowledge and logic equivalent to a raging alcholic but still...) and they didn't accept me!

Don't worry its not that bad I just really am against the place (don't know if you've noticed- its quite hard to pick up that vibe from my posts!) just know stuff about your work experience and do some reading into things like worming vaccinations etc, and you'll be fine, that goes for any interview!
Good luck!
Reply 37
what kind ov practicle activities did they give you to do? it all sounds really daunting and hard! im worried about the animal handling task too.....things always go wrong when ur nervous and under alot ov pressure!!!
Reply 38
No its not daunting, just see it as fun (because it is) and you'll do fine! The animal handling wasn't anything specific, they just showed me a cat (which I didn't see at first and thought the interviewer was nuts as he introduced, what I could only imagine was the chair, as tiddles... I then proceeded to go along with him and say "hello tiddle's" to the chair. Thankfully I don't think he realised i hadn't seen the cat.) and you basically gave it a cuddle, some people had to give it an examination but just use your common here, you should have picked the basics up from watching a vet do consults.

The practical involved testing urine content, (wasn't hard, follow the instructions on the tub) and cutting open a rat! Honestly it isn't difficult, promise, don't worry everyones under pressure and nervous so everyone will make stupid mistakes!!
nina_100
Sorry don't let my bitterness put you off- the whole place was not my bag of tea from the start!! If you like the look of it you'll put more effort in and be keen from the start, i just wasn't!!

The interview itself had quite a strange set up, (it may be different this year so don't dwell to much on my description) there was a lot of practical stuff and things that required indepth knowledge but they insisted that as long as you showed a logical approach to get an answer then they don't mind whether you're right or wrong!! I think this was a blatant lie all my answers were backed up (i'll admit with some dodgy knowledge and logic equivalent to a raging alcholic but still...) and they didn't accept me!

Don't worry its not that bad I just really am against the place (don't know if you've noticed- its quite hard to pick up that vibe from my posts!) just know stuff about your work experience and do some reading into things like worming vaccinations etc, and you'll be fine, that goes for any interview!
Good luck!

just curious as to why you're against the place? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending