The Student Room Group

Is Geography, Economics, Politics & Biology a good range of subjects for A level?

Hello :smile:. I'm a year 11 and want to know whether these subjects would look good to Universities.

It would be great if there are any tips/warnings about some of these subjects.

Biology is the subject I am less confident on. Does anybody know of alternatives that would go well with the others? Business Studies? Or is that too similar to Economics?

Any replies will be of fantastic help :biggrin:
Original post by BENPLAYER
Hello :smile:. I'm a year 11 and want to know whether these subjects would look good to Universities.

It would be great if there are any tips/warnings about some of these subjects.

Biology is the subject I am less confident on. Does anybody know of alternatives that would go well with the others? Business Studies? Or is that too similar to Economics?

Any replies will be of fantastic help :biggrin:

What do you actually want to do at university?
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
What do you actually want to do at university?

I haven't a clue...:frown: should I or will these subjects lead me to some options?
These are good subjects to do, especially geography and biology (they are facilitating subjects, so will help keep your options open). Economics and politics are specific subjects, so they will not help keep your options open if you are not sure what you want to do. Have a look here for some guidance http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/informed-choices/

It's also important to do subjects that you enjoy and will do well at.
Reply 4
Original post by theresheglows
These are good subjects to do, especially geography and biology (they are facilitating subjects, so will help keep your options open). Economics and politics are specific subjects, so they will not help keep your options open if you are not sure what you want to do. Have a look here for some guidance http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/informed-choices/

It's also important to do subjects that you enjoy and will do well at.

Quick Reply

Latest