The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im very stressed with ucas still today, got it all done and sent off to my refree. I wil use this time to just chill out and recap work and revise for resits. need a stress free life again.
Reply 21
Well I've broken down it by subject;

History: Research on Rosa Parks' stand.
Do a mind-map on Martin Luther King
Economics: Do past paper question on Tequlia
Eng Lit: Re-write all my annotations into my new Anthology(just arrived today)
Gov+Pol:Nothing to do, but I am chasing up my Youth Concil as I want in!

Also making notes for revsion bah!(Januray seems sooo close!)
Got to get my Geography coursework done this half term... have mostly been doing Graphics coursework over the past couple of weeks to give in today, so haven't been concentrating on Geography as much as I should've been...
Reply 23
i have some homework - a few essays, some pratical write-ups, some research. but most of my time will be spent playing KH2! and sleeping.

i miss school(more like the people in school) already. :frown:

lol. i'm pathetic. but half-term is always good.
I have loads of homework to do and I have to revise for the three tests that I have the first day back. But I also plan to go out with my friends too.
Well, my main priority is to carry on learning. Possibly do a bit of biology, chemistry, and maths every day so as to make the christmas revision period a bit less stressful than last years one!! Also, i shall probably go out cruising somewhere in me car with people (dont know yet!), as well as the usual chilling out/ going out, but also watching the cricket most days!
I am going to Cyprus for the whole week, meaning i have to do all my homework today and on Saturday! I had it all done during this week but then yesterday i got bombarded with an essay and three other bits of homework!
Reply 27
I'm having a v. productive half term!!

Friday: Driving Lesson, Shopping for 6 hrs (how?!?!), Chinese food, TV. A good relaxed day, I'm sure you'll agree!
Saturday: Haircut, seeing a friend, tidy my room, make pedantic lists, pack.
Sunday: Holiday!!!! To Rouen, until Thursday.
Friday: Punting!! and general chilling/reading books
Saturday and Sunday: Crazy book reading lol!!
Well in terms of homework: nothing specific set for Econs but going to go over all the topics make sure i'm on top.

Got a couple of French essays to do, also intending to look over the passive construction.

Russian: oh god, where do I start: got three translations to do, two sheets and a class translation for which i have to look up vocab. Also need to write down and learn the imperfective and perfective forms of any verbs I don't understand which I come across. Oh, and I was supposed to be learning 60 new words a week the whole time, so need to get as close to 360 new Russian words as possible...

For English I have a 750 word essay to do, which is ok I guess, and read three poems and understand them etc.

Other than that, just relaxing..:biggrin:
I've always done last minute revision but as i'm trying to change my ways this year, i'm going to spend half term doing all my psychology coursework, going over all my chem, bio and maths notes and revising for a chem end of topic test. Ofcourse I'll take abit of time out to go to the cinema, procrastinate on TSR, get addicted to track when I get my ucas welcome letter etc etc etc. Have fun everyone!
Reply 30
I've got to see some family that I haven't had time for for a few weeks, and also my friends outside college, who I have neglected.

I've got to learn Dixit Dominus for Lichfield chamber choir, as well as Durufle's requiem, a Purcell and some Britten, and my Dvorak aria for performance. I'm also starting grade six theory, sight-singing practise (I haven't for months...) and this performance diploma thing...
I have to sort out a bunch of forms for various courses and things...which means applying for funding.

Homework-wise, I have some history notes and reading to do, some Chaucer stuff for English, loads of aural questions to do for French and some workbook exercises and general vocab learning of the two units we've done so far. For music, I've got a presentation to finish off, lots of listening and analysis, some Bach chorales...

and hopefully, time to relax!
Reply 31
Got to get my Geography coursework done this half term...

:hahaha: When ever I hear people say that I feel so happy I finished mine in year ten. :p:
Sat: Sending CAQ and 18th party!!
Sun - Wed: on a canal boat with a group of scouts.
Thurs: taking a group canoeing at the baths
pass plus lesson
Fri - Sun: Marshalling OMM (the original mountain marathon)

EDIT: No time for work.... :biggrin:
AisAis
:hahaha: When ever I hear people say that I feel so happy I finished mine in year ten. :p:
Mine will be finished by November 3rd :wink: :p:
AisAis

We did one piece in year 10-got full marks in it:biggrin:

But... we got another piece on Antartica or something this year:eek:
Reply 35
work work work work work! :biggrin:
Reply 36
We did one piece in year 10-got full marks in it

Well so did I, smarty pants. :p:
Reply 37
Working lots, homework, and maybe planning for my NaNoWriMo novel.
I've got sooo much work to do, but a fair bit of it is re-take related, so its my own fault for not doing it properly the first time.
Maths: Learn large amounts of C2 and M1 for re-takes in Jan
Biology: Revise for human health re-take in jan, and revise photosynthesis for end of unit test.
Chemistry: Revise agriculture for end of unit test, revise for jan retake, start investigation
Geography: Finish draft of coursework report, do some more of yr12 cw retake, revise for jan exams - doing two thirds of A2 in jan - madness
Also got to practice for grade 8 viola exam
And I'm working (properly, part time job) for a few days this week.
Not all bad though, got a couple of partys, shopping, lots of eating out, and a fair bit of drinking!! So should be a good, but very busy, half term.
Reply 39
Work Experience :-( (Voluntary..damn me)

Latest

Trending

Trending