The Student Room Group

Could I fail for these two things?

Basically there's a roundabout with three lanes UNMARKED normally my instructor tells me to get into the left to go straight if there's no lane Markings.

When we get to the roundabout... He makes me get into the middle lane lol so I'm a little confused. If I ask him generally he says left Lane if it's not marked.

I'm wondering if I will fail if I use the middle lane instead of the left if it's not marked..
If people use the left Lane for straight which alot do I think and I'm in the middle...and we both wanna go straight...

I could fail because.. Well we could collide

Also another question I have is about a mini roundabout.. I thought the first exit was left but it was actually a straight so I've been told do not signal . I've attached a picture of the diagram and the layout of both places. I'm talking about

If I signalled left.. But it was in fact a straight at the mini roundabout.. (but it looks a left!!!!)

Could I fail (as there may be mini roundabouts that may happen at if I've never come across)
Original post by Fairy1711
Basically there's a roundabout with three lanes UNMARKED normally my instructor tells me to get into the left to go straight if there's no lane Markings.

When we get to the roundabout... He makes me get into the middle lane lol so I'm a little confused. If I ask him generally he says left Lane if it's not marked.

I'm wondering if I will fail if I use the middle lane instead of the left if it's not marked..
If people use the left Lane for straight which alot do I think and I'm in the middle...and we both wanna go straight...

I could fail because.. Well we could collide

Also another question I have is about a mini roundabout.. I thought the first exit was left but it was actually a straight so I've been told do not signal . I've attached a picture of the diagram and the layout of both places. I'm talking about

If I signalled left.. But it was in fact a straight at the mini roundabout.. (but it looks a left!!!!)

Could I fail (as there may be mini roundabouts that may happen at if I've never come across)

If there's 3 lanes and you want to go straight on, get in the middle. 3 lanes normally means one for each direction.

At a mini roundabout, you don't need to signal when exiting, but YOU DO need to signal to show other drivers where you're intending on going. It doesn't matter if the FIRST exit is at 7,8,9,10,11-you get the idea-o'clock you signal left.

From the number of threads you're posting about roundabouts, your instructor is either not informative enough, or you're panicking and need to relax a little.
Reply 2
Thanks for posting a reply again. I think I'm just panicking I drive with my family here and there and I don't get to see my instructor until normally the next lesson so I end up having questions which I end up asking people who are learning to drive on here also.

So he won't fail me if I indicated left even though it's classed as a straight.. Even though it looks like a left.
Original post by Fairy1711
Thanks for posting a reply again. I think I'm just panicking I drive with my family here and there and I don't get to see my instructor until normally the next lesson so I end up having questions which I end up asking people who are learning to drive on here also.

So he won't fail me if I indicated left even though it's classed as a straight.. Even though it looks like a left.

If you tell me the name of the big roundabout, I'll have a look on google street to make sure.
Reply 4
It's greenmoor Road Nuneaton on google earth you just have to go to the end to see this mini roundabout
If going orange, indicate left. If going green, indicate right. mini.jpg
Oh cool you live in Nuneaton to! I need to book my test also. I hate the griff roundabout that is a right nightmare!
Reply 7
You live in Nuneaton too? My test is today
Reply 8
Original post by ToastyCoke
If going orange, indicate left. If going green, indicate right. mini.jpg

That's what I'll do. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending