The Student Room Group

calisthenics

anyone here into it or recommend any work outs etc

ty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamu

ty

Total beginner? I am as well. Start of by doing push ups, where your nose touches the floor. Aim to get to a 100 a day. You can stop in between and then start again.
Just doing it once a day, within 2 weeks time I can do about 70.

I need a pull up bar, those are really good.

Also do a headstand for 2 minutes. Then build up to a handstand, but that's just me, others skip stages and go straight to handstands.
Reply 2
Original post by Guren
Total beginner? I am as well. Start of by doing push ups, where your nose touches the floor. Aim to get to a 100 a day. You can stop in between and then start again.
Just doing it once a day, within 2 weeks time I can do about 70.

I need a pull up bar, those are really good.

Also do a headstand for 2 minutes. Then build up to a handstand, but that's just me, others skip stages and go straight to handstands.

pretty much ya, can do a few pull ups etc but looking at things like the human flag and stuff is crazy. One day
Original post by iamu
pretty much ya, can do a few pull ups etc but looking at things like the human flag and stuff is crazy. One day

Yeah that requires loads of core strength and back strength, do as many push ups as you can everyday and it will become easier with time :smile:
Where is everyone at? I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this, disappointing :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iamu

ty

You started anything since two weeks ago?
Reply 6
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
You started anything since two weeks ago?

not a huge amount, looking for classes/gyms near me but not much i can see

in the morning plank for 90 secs, 20 push ups, 10 pull ups and do that twice

use that for a warm in the gym aswell, but with dips too
calisthenics is the real mvp. download an app called madbarz fan app. it has loads of workouts to that you can do. in terms of human flags and front levers and stuff, i recommend this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tStwC06qdwM

a list of peeps to lookout for:
adamraw
lazar novovic
barstarzz
baristiworkout
blockworkout
madbarz
frank medrano
littlebeastm
rajit banchu (dnt think i spelled that right)
and the legend; HannibalForKing

pm if you want more to know more, maybe i can help.
Original post by ChuckNorriss
calisthenics is the real mvp. download an app called madbarz fan app. it has loads of workouts to that you can do. in terms of human flags and front levers and stuff, i recommend this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tStwC06qdwM

a list of peeps to lookout for:
adamraw
lazar novovic
barstarzz
baristiworkout
blockworkout
madbarz
frank medrano
littlebeastm
rajit banchu (dnt think i spelled that right)
and the legend; HannibalForKing

pm if you want more to know more, maybe i can help.

You missed simonster :colonhash:

Original post by iamu
not a huge amount, looking for classes/gyms near me but not much i can see

in the morning plank for 90 secs, 20 push ups, 10 pull ups and do that twice

use that for a warm in the gym aswell, but with dips too

Ah but the brilliance of calisthenics is that you don't need a gym! :redface:

Nice routine, is the plank the only core exercise you do? If so that's impressive for those abs :curious:
You missed simonster :colonhash:

Ah but the brilliance of calisthenics is that you don't need a gym! :redface:

Nice routine, is the plank the only core exercise you do? If so that's impressive for those abs :curious:

For a 6 pack - 1 clean diet
and then do leg raisers hold it for 30 seconds and do 60 situps everyday and run 400m twice a week
Original post by Guren
For a 6 pack - 1 clean diet
and then do leg raisers hold it for 30 seconds and do 60 situps everyday and run 400m twice a week

Oh I have a six pack but thanks for the advice, I'm just don't think doing the plank alone would give you those kind of abs :redface:
I use both calisthenics and some weights in my back garden to train, off to uni soon and will rely only on calisthenics :smile:
Original post by rugbybeast
I use both calisthenics and some weights in my back garden to train, off to uni soon and will rely only on calisthenics :smile:

Nice one :biggrin:

Anyone on here able to do a planche? I've started training for it wondering how long it will take :hmmmm:
Nice one :biggrin:

Anyone on here able to do a planche? I've started training for it wondering how long it will take :hmmmm:

I need to work on my wrist flexibility and harbouring numerous long term injuries, but started proper training again and hoping to be able to do planche and front lever before uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need to work on my wrist flexibility and harbouring numerous long term injuries, but started proper training again and hoping to be able to do planche and front lever before uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say wrist flexibility is a massive part of the planche? Although it depends on what you consider flexible. Normally 90 degrees is enough to pull off the move although more is always better I guess.

Same! I'm trying to do all these awesome moves on my gap year before uni aha, what are you doing to train for a planche? :holmes:
I wouldn't say wrist flexibility is a massive part of the planche? Although it depends on what you consider flexible. Normally 90 degrees is enough to pull off the move although more is always better I guess.

Same! I'm trying to do all these awesome moves on my gap year before uni aha, what are you doing to train for a planche? :holmes:

Yeah flexibility is not a strength for me :tongue: I incorporate bodyweight exercises into my regime such as 100 planche push ups after my 'push' workout, along with wall walkouts and the like :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah flexibility is not a strength for me :tongue: I incorporate bodyweight exercises into my regime such as 100 planche push ups after my 'push' workout, along with wall walkouts and the like :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see, you can do 100 planche push ups! :eek: That's impressive, I've actually started doing planche push ups as well aha.

I also do like 20 second holds of legs of the ground and arms locked out on the ground and balance there.

Just started training for a handstand as well which is going pretty well
Ah I see, you can do 100 planche push ups! :eek: That's impressive, I've actually started doing planche push ups as well aha.

I also do like 20 second holds of legs of the ground and arms locked out on the ground and balance there.

Just started training for a handstand as well which is going pretty well

I can but have to do in sets when after workout, and yeah, I do a lot of sports training though and so don't have time for most of it :L love getting up to 50 sit ups hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frank medrano.com
He is insane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what happened to prophecy workout, looked him up ages ago but not much, seemed like an absolute tank

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest