The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Na. I ain't really studying too hard this half term. Theres too much cricket on the tv, and there's just too many fun things to do. The period between now and january, over christmas is pretty critical though. Like last christmas I made a timetable to do a certain number of hours per day starting at a set time and ending at a set time as if dictated by a school bell, it kinda failed miserably, but the key thing is you really concentrate between now and january. Even if it means putting a downer on your christmas :frown:
Reply 2
I think that there is already another thread on this - check below
I am meant to be revising for my Psych exam in January, but I don't really want to...

Plus I have got to write an essay for Film Studies, woo! lol :frown:
Reply 4
I haven't studied or done any work thus far into the holidays. I will be from tomorrow however. :smile:
Reply 5
I've written some coursework but done no revision or independent work of my own initiative.

Actually I've barely done any of the coursework I need to. I still have crappy worksheets, too.

I feel so lazy lately. My motivation has dried up.
Xtrm2Matt
I haven't studied or done any work thus far into the holidays. I will be from tomorrow however. :smile:

I'll probably have to start my essay tomorrow, I keep leaving it and saying I'll do it tomorrow, and then the next day, I'll do it tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes. :rolleyes::p:
Reply 7
I'll probably have to start my essay tomorrow, I keep leaving it and saying I'll do it tomorrow, and then the next day, I'll do it tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes. :rolleyes::p:

Well the plan for me was to do all my homework / coursework at the BEGINNING of the holidays. However, I've been out every single damned day since we broke up last Thursday so I've just had no time :p:

It's very much the "oh I'll start it tomorrow" *tomorrow comes* "oh... I will do it tomorrow" thing for me at the mo, so we're on the same boat :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 8
Except for the odd French practice and doing my holiday work, I'm doing nothing.
:redface:
Reply 9
study? lol

i think i work hard enough during school time.
Reply 10
For me, the hard work was done in the AS year which allows me to relax now :biggrin: No work over half term for me - I'm going on holiday :p:
Homework assignments and revising for the three tests that I have the first week back.
Reply 12
I'm snowed under with work. I just spent most of today eating chocolates biscuits whilst cutting and glueing things for a poster on Energy with some of my physics team. It was remarkably stressful, although the biscuts helped. I have two essays, one of which I've vaguely planned which will take me at least 8 hours. Tonnes of revision for tests the chemistry, physics and maths tests next week as frankly the school trip to CERN has meant that I remember nothing from last year. We've also started on biology coursework, and I have Young Enterprise things to do as well. Oh, and I'm currently marking a general studies mock paper which I was given to do for homework eventhough I don't have any timetabled lessons for it.
:eek: Hope you get through it all esmaraldo!
Reply 14
I forced myself to do some history notes but it was just catch up from the week before so I'm not ahead at all.
I'm actually really annoyed with myself that I haven't. I guarantee that I am the king of "I will do it tomorrow"
Seriously that phrase is the story of my life when it comes to homework / revision. God knows how I've managed to come this far through my education with that attitude. :confused:
Now tomorrow, I really am doing some homework! lol
esmaraldo
I'm snowed under with work. I just spent most of today eating chocolates biscuits whilst cutting and glueing things for a poster on Energy with some of my physics team. It was remarkably stressful, although the biscuts helped. I have two essays, one of which I've vaguely planned which will take me at least 8 hours. Tonnes of revision for tests the chemistry, physics and maths tests next week as frankly the school trip to CERN has meant that I remember nothing from last year. We've also started on biology coursework, and I have Young Enterprise things to do as well. Oh, and I'm currently marking a general studies mock paper which I was given to do for homework eventhough I don't have any timetabled lessons for it.

Sounds like me on a typical school day.:rolleyes:
I finally got round to writing my essay, but it's bad. I don't even like the lesson either so that doesn't help. I haven't done any revision for Psych but the exam isn't until January so it won't stick in my mind.
Reply 17
I have got to re-do a piece of English coursework, to push the grade up from a B to an A, and i've got to get round to doing some more work on my ICT coursework. I will do it either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week, as i don't go back to school till Thursday :p:
Bexiness!
I have got to re-do a piece of English coursework, to push the grade up from a B to an A, and i've got to get round to doing some more work on my ICT coursework. I will do it either on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week, as i don't go back to school till Thursday :p:

Lucky you! :p:

I'm back in on Monday, or at least I think I am.
Reply 19
I've wanted to do some reading over what we did last term but i've been too busy writing my chemistry A2 investigation plan.

Latest

Trending

Trending