The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Streaming twitch at uni (Keele)?

Hi is this internet at Keele able to handle Twitch streaming, as I will need to do so pretty much every day?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
You'll have no problem, I was capable of streaming at Keele at a very high bitrate, no frame drops whatsoever. I think I have some old speedtest results saved if you're curious for actual speeds?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Sacoex
You'll have no problem, I was capable of streaming at Keele at a very high bitrate, no frame drops whatsoever. I think I have some old speedtest results saved if you're curious for actual speeds?

Sure that would be great, thanks. I've heard they can cap your internet though if you use too much, could this be a problem if i'm streaming?
Reply 3
Original post by zigglr
Sure that would be great, thanks. I've heard they can cap your internet though if you use too much, could this be a problem if i'm streaming?

1384240_628875333831439_2119832759_n.jpg

This is what I was getting on-campus for speeds on my own PC, I'm not sure about internet capping- I believe they did throttle my speeds down eventually though. Down to about 50MB/s down, 20MB/s up if I recall correctly. Not as if that made any noticeable difference to me whatsoever.
Here are the speeds in MB/s not Mb/s seeing as you'll be working in MB/s, the whole capping thing is just there to scare you I think, I've been downloading alot onto my PC (About 50GB worth of games in one night) and it went smoothly, the only REAL issue I had was it's wireless internet ONLY, which for an old fashion and computer literate like me made me die a little inside (There are wired plugs in the wall however they are disabled) - the speeds I am posting are from the library so you can expect ~3/4 to 1/2 of it on your Wireless depending on range and amount of users on your router

Quick Reply

Latest