The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Mark works at a cinema, but not Vue
Reply 2
peterunitt
Does anyone work at Vue? What's it like? I applied for a job on tuesday, hopeing to hear back soon.

I am assuming that although there will be different policies, you will practically have the same job as me.

Basically you will probably start off on floor, manning the ticket barrier(s), making sure everything is kept tidy, cleaning screens, checking toilets ect. Next you will either be put on box office or concession (food/drink). On box you will have to sell tickets, check ages and generally take all of the abuse when people can't get into films they want to see.
Concessions you will have to serve food/drink, make sure everything is stocked up, running correctly and be in charge of cleaning up at the end of the night.

Working at a cinema is not all fun and games. When it gets busy it will be very difficult, especially if you have a large number of people to deal with on any of the areas. Although you will probably have some perks like free films and staff discount, you probably won't get them until after your probation period is over.
I just started at Vue, where I go to University. I actually had the interview yesterday and they asked me when I could start. I'm starting out on usher with barrier tickets and cleaning screens. It's practically what juueru_chou said. After ushering, you are moved onto pick and mix, then ice cream, then concessions and then finally box office.

Latest

Trending

Trending